YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2017 Playoffs

<< < (3/5) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
https://youtu.be/s2R2sH2ScBM?t=1

Coach doesn't think we're in.

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 19, 2017, 12:24:46 PM ---I don’t see how you guys believe that staying in this league is a benefit we have made the playoffs how many times in this league.  This is the wrong league for us. It’s not in our basic geographical recruiting base.  The travel is ridiculous and no rivals from it.  We are being USED.  As for hurting recruiting We aren’t getting that done.  Plus we get screwed on the scheduling in league.  I have a better idea let’s start a new league.  This League is destroying the football program.

--- End quote ---
Respectfully disagree. This league has done far from destroy our program. It is forcing us to become a much stronger, more physical program which is much easier said than done. This league isn’t the reason we missed the playoffs this year by a game or the 3-4 times we missed the playoffs under Wolford by a game. We had our chances those 4-5 seasons to make one more play here or there that could have led us to winning that coveted one more game required of us.

If last years playoff run didn’t show you why we are fortunate to be in this league, then I’m not sure what else can convince you. This league is so deep, has so much talent, so many great coaches, and some outstanding facilities. We were so battle tested last year we found our way as an unseeded team making it all the way to Frisco and taking down the #2 and #3 seeds.

I get your points on the geography aspect, but we are in no mans land in the FCS. This State is in the heart of MAC country, but thankfully we aren’t wasting $8-10 million more a year to play in that league and compete on Tuesday night.

ytownchief22:
The Illinois State game blew it. Nobody to blame but themselves.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Lost at home 35-0 to a non-playoff Illinois State team, no quality non-conference wins, and 6-5 overall.  That is not a playoff resume.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on November 20, 2017, 08:13:08 AM ---  Lost at home 35-0 to a non-playoff Illinois State team, no quality non-conference wins, and 6-5 overall.  That is not a playoff resume.

--- End quote ---

Agree^^ Still don't take away from the fact that 1FCS is NOT getting the best 24 teams into the playoffs!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version