YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Missouri State

<< < (5/6) > >>

YSUGO:
I am going to agree about we should be a top 4 team in conference year in and year out to a point.   But the playoffs should be the top 24 teams not this farce  that goes on in our division.  It’s a joke.  Our playoff format doesn’t make the sub-fcs schools upgrade or spend money to  make the situation more balanced.  As for recruiting.  If you win and have good facilities they will come.

penguinpower:
First of all, any of you that think ccsu belongs in the playoffs and justify their win loss record is f***ed in the head.  They are a lousy football team, a paper tiger.  The FCS playoff selection sucks for multiple reasons.  First, the top 24 teams don't make the field, second politics is the name of the game, and they don't have anyone qualified to use the eyeball test within the group (unlike the CBS selection).  It is a joke.  When I look at the top 24 teams I say that we are in if that is how they pick them.  Do we have a chance at a title?  I don't think so.  What happened to the team this year is the real question.  How do you go from OT losses while playing great defense and offense against great teams to looking like you are hanging on against crappy teams?  It isn't all injuries either.  Once again the selection committee did their thing but we didn't deserve it this year.  The whole process is a joke.  Ccsu is not deserving and they will get rolled.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on November 19, 2017, 06:56:27 AM ---I am going to agree about we should be a top 4 team in conference year in and year out to a point.   But the playoffs should be the top 24 teams not this farce  that goes on in our division.  It’s a joke.  Our playoff format doesn’t make the sub-fcs schools upgrade or spend money to  make the situation more balanced.  As for recruiting.  If you win and have good facilities they will come.

--- End quote ---

This will be my 100th year in a row saying;

STOP THE AUTO-BIDS!!!!

Take the best 24 or 16 teams and let them play for the title! Let conferences reward the winners of their conference PERIOD! Thank god the IVEY, MEAC, and SWAC don't participate.   >:(

Not saying YSU earned a playoff spot but I bet about 2/3rd's of the goddamn teams in this play off field would not like to see the YSU team busses pulling up to the stadium.  8)

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on November 18, 2017, 12:28:16 PM ---Did you see the name on that #33 jersey?

:o :o :o :o :o

--- End quote ---

It was a thing of beauty  :D

Karl Hungus:
I thought that was you Red . I watched the replay Sunday to make sure . Sweet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version