YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Double Header Tonight

<< < (3/6) > >>

go guins:
D3 or whatever, I don't see anybody noting the 13-14 for 92.9% from the foul line.  After the Kent game, all I read was TERRIBLE free throws.  OMG, they better improve that!  Free throw percentage is all I care about. 
Now nothing...........  IMO if you are going to rip young men trying their best, then they deserve a pat on the back when they respond.
This team may not have a winning record this year, but mark my words, we have a coach and he is going to get the right guys, and they are going to learn and work the system, and we are going to win.  Somebody doubt this 1/2 way through the season, just go look up Tressel's record his first season.  (2-9)  Takes more than a minute to turn decades of losing around.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 15, 2017, 08:47:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 14, 2017, 10:37:23 PM ---Disappointed in the women. Why Barnes doesn't play a duo of Cash/Dunn/Secrest at the same time is mind boggling. This team gets dominated on the boards. Arbanas and Smolinski having shooting woes doesn't help either but something has to change. Too many subs too. These girls can't get in a rhythm offensively.

--- End quote ---
"duo" of Cash/Dunn/Secrest?  maybe "trio"?

--- End quote ---

I mean having 2 out of those 3 on the court at the same time. Barnes needs some adjustments or this team is in trouble.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 15, 2017, 10:10:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on November 15, 2017, 08:47:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 14, 2017, 10:37:23 PM ---Disappointed in the women. Why Barnes doesn't play a duo of Cash/Dunn/Secrest at the same time is mind boggling. This team gets dominated on the boards. Arbanas and Smolinski having shooting woes doesn't help either but something has to change. Too many subs too. These girls can't get in a rhythm offensively.

--- End quote ---
"duo" of Cash/Dunn/Secrest?  maybe "trio"?

--- End quote ---

I mean having 2 out of those 3 on the court at the same time. Barnes needs some adjustments or this team is in trouble.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, your duo just caught me funny.  Honestly, I did think you know the difference between 2 and 3 (after all, your not pen4life)  Frankly, if Arbanas pours in -0- this team is going to be in trouble most nights.

Penquin68:
I agree with much of what has been said, ie too many substitutions and playing 2 or the 3 bigs at once to have a chance inside.  One player I think can help is #13, Morgan Brunner.  When she is in she shoots the ball well and gets rebounds.  Not sure if she is quick enough to guard smaller quicker guards, but I think she can help with our poor outside shooting so far.  Our outside shooting has killed us in both losses in addition to our inside game both on offense and defense.

ytownchief22:
Having 2 bigs in at the same time will also open up more space for 3 point shots. I know our guards are tiny but something has to give. He tries to play Myers, Wright, Olson or Peters out there at the wing position and they struggle.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version