YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game Day: Guins at Southern Illinois

<< < (11/11)

YSUGO:
I am not buying that things are going to be all rainbows and unicorns.  We have too many holes to fill.
1.  I think we need to address the place kicker.  The kid has become very erratic since his Frosh year.  He hurt us big time this year and I don’t trust him anymore. 
2.  Qb- MAyes needs to be coached up next year and be talent taught that as QB you need to protect your body and Monty needs to stop calling read option after read option.  It’s plain stupid. The defensive and O line needs to get stronger and more athletic. I have soured on the O line coach.  I think our TE’S were not as good as advertised.  We need more hands TE’s that can run.  Our WR play really can’t be determined because Of Mayes.  He was not very good at getting them the ball in the mid to long routes.  Pelini needs to sprinkle his recruiting with some speed and athleticism.  He wants to recruit a lot of Bo Pelini overachievers and thats all good if you want 6-5 and 7-4 seasons.

ytownchief22:
We have a true freshman kicker coming in from Hudson who has set all kinds of records in ohio so I expect him to challenge for the job.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version