YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game Day: Guins at Southern Illinois

<< < (10/11) > >>

ytownchief22:
New O-Coordinator needed ;)

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 13, 2017, 02:08:36 PM ---New O-Coordinator needed ;)

--- End quote ---
I'm not anti Monty, but it is very obvious Bo wants a dual threat QB and Shane wants a drop back QB.  You can win with either, but you gotta chose and Bo's the boss. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 13, 2017, 01:29:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 13, 2017, 12:24:28 PM ---Only positions I see being worse next year are WR and TE. Losing Patterson, Bailey and Derrick will be tough to replace along with Rader and Kuhn.

--- End quote ---

I'm 50-50 on the TE position. This is a huge sore spot with me and I blame the "O" coordinator here. We have 5 or 6 250 plus TE's and could use these guys to get open over the middle for 4-12 yards and save about 75% of the sacks lost/getting our QB's killed. Hell the only time 86 sees the ball is on a 3rd and short handoff. Goes back to needing a TB big and strong enough to get the short yards. How many team do you know that brings in a TE for a handoff  :o

--- End quote ---

I felt the same way Red, but not after watching Ruiz and Webb for 2-years. Monty uses the TE (or larger back to block) and spring open the RB for a pass ...which is why he recruited #20. You can see the obvious benefit here ... dual threat formation. 3+ years ago, coach Shane used the TE as an XXback. It worked rather well at times, but nothing like having a real RB pair back there ...and besides, we are not going to get a 6'-5"+ QB recruit that has the talent needed to get over MVFC Dlines ...those guys could all go P5, or at least MAC. This year our line depth and lack of a true TB hurt us. Go, the running QB vs drop-back QB issue was settled last year (I understand it was heated for a short time), but after we had 3 QBs go down, I think we will stay with more of a drop-back style, like #12 and #7. It does require a special breed of QB recruit, which is why I only trust coach M to recruit that position.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 13, 2017, 06:45:02 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 13, 2017, 01:29:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 13, 2017, 12:24:28 PM ---Only positions I see being worse next year are WR and TE. Losing Patterson, Bailey and Derrick will be tough to replace along with Rader and Kuhn.

--- End quote ---

I'm 50-50 on the TE position. This is a huge sore spot with me and I blame the "O" coordinator here. We have 5 or 6 250 plus TE's and could use these guys to get open over the middle for 4-12 yards and save about 75% of the sacks lost/getting our QB's killed. Hell the only time 86 sees the ball is on a 3rd and short handoff. Goes back to needing a TB big and strong enough to get the short yards. How many team do you know that brings in a TE for a handoff  :o

--- End quote ---

I felt the same way Red, but not after watching Ruiz and Webb for 2-years. Monty uses the TE (or larger back to block) and spring open the RB for a pass ...which is why he recruited #20. You can see the obvious benefit here ... dual threat formation. 3+ years ago, coach Shane used the TE as an XXback. It worked rather well at times, but nothing like having a real RB pair back there ...and besides, we are not going to get a 6'-5"+ QB recruit that has the talent needed to get over MVFC Dlines ...those guys could all go P5, or at least MAC. This year our line depth and lack of a true TB hurt us. Go, the running QB vs drop-back QB issue was settled last year (I understand it was heated for a short time), but after we had 3 QBs go down, I think we will stay with more of a drop-back style, like #12 and #7. It does require a special breed of QB recruit, which is why I only trust coach M to recruit that position.

--- End quote ---

You forgot to mention Hosick..

ytownchief22:
I don't trust Montgomery on anything. His system works against the sisters of the poor but when his QB's are needed to win games, they can't. There are no D1 caliber QB's on this roster.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version