YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Game Day: Guins at Southern Illinois

<< < (9/11) > >>

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 13, 2017, 12:30:59 PM ---We have a lot of young guys who are talented who redshirted this year.

--- End quote ---

Guys that I have seen numerous times at practice that should make a impact next year are.  #1,3,54,12,53,43,63

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 13, 2017, 12:24:28 PM ---Only positions I see being worse next year are WR and TE. Losing Patterson, Bailey and Derrick will be tough to replace along with Rader and Kuhn.

--- End quote ---

I'm 50-50 on the TE position. This is a huge sore spot with me and I blame the "O" coordinator here. We have 5 or 6 250 plus TE's and could use these guys to get open over the middle for 4-12 yards and save about 75% of the sacks lost/getting our QB's killed. Hell the only time 86 sees the ball is on a 3rd and short handoff. Goes back to needing a TB big and strong enough to get the short yards. How many team do you know that brings in a TE for a handoff  :o

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 13, 2017, 01:29:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 13, 2017, 12:24:28 PM ---Only positions I see being worse next year are WR and TE. Losing Patterson, Bailey and Derrick will be tough to replace along with Rader and Kuhn.

--- End quote ---

I'm 50-50 on the TE position. This is a huge sore spot with me and I blame the "O" coordinator here. We have 5 or 6 250 plus TE's and could use these guys to get open over the middle for 4-12 yards and save about 75% of the sacks lost/getting our QB's killed. Hell the only time 86 sees the ball is on a 3rd and short handoff. Goes back to needing a TB big and strong enough to get the short yards. How many team do you know that brings in a TE for a handoff  :o

--- End quote ---
New England Patriots for one.  Lots of teams that "spread it around" don't have FBs anymore.  They just use a TE as the blocking back. In itself, that isn't very telling.  However, we have an obvious lack of powder backs to 86 is the best we have.  Let's hope Chapman is what we thought he was next year! 

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 13, 2017, 01:39:19 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
New England Patriots for one.  Lots of teams that "spread it around" don't have FBs anymore.  They just use a TE as the blocking back. In itself, that isn't very telling.  However, we have an obvious lack of powder backs to 86 is the best we have.  Let's hope Chapman is what we thought he was next year!

--- End quote ---

NE Patriots can do whatever they want and it works LOL!!

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on November 13, 2017, 01:44:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on November 13, 2017, 01:39:19 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

NE Patriots can do whatever they want and it works LOL!!

--- End quote ---
Just saying.........  I don't think having the best coach and the best QB hurts too much either.  I don't like Bill, but the sob can coach.  I hate almost everything from Michigan, but Brady seems to be getting BETTER with age! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version