YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

ISU In-Game Thread

<< < (11/12) > >>

ytownchief22:
This team isn't playoff caliber. Proved it in the game vs Illinois State. Playoff teams don't lose like that. At Home

dwj:
Wins get you into the playoffs not how competitive you were in the losses.

go guins:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 08, 2017, 11:57:34 AM ---Wins get you into the playoffs not how competitive you were in the losses.

--- End quote ---
Now you're trying to change your story.  Yes, ultimately wins do the trick, but what you said was " But the bottom line is we cannot compete with the top teams in our league."  What I am saying is your statement isn't correct, we are VERY COMPETITIVE with them. 

EVEN with the Pitt loss, even with the USD loss, even with the NDSU loss, and even with the UNI loss, we were still VERY MUCH A PLAYOFF TEAM BECAUSE of the competitive nature of the losses.  Only the non-competitive loss to Ill St. did us in. 

IAA Fan:
I think you are both correct, but competitive losses is well below in priority and would only come into play as a deciding factor in the event of a tie (and that is not official). I mean we could have beaten ILS and lost a close game to Ohio State and we would still be out. Too many losses. There is a point where who cares about how close the losses were, a loss is a loss...is a loss.

As to adding a stud Qb I could not be more against anything & trust only Montgomery's recruiting at that position. If Bo wants a different style QB, I have every confidence that coach Shane can find a person. When is the last time you ever heard of Delaware? A couple of stud Qb recruits with "keys to the city", deep play-off runs, NFL drafts, the NCAA begins to "sniff around" and then all of your other recruiting practices come under suspicion as well. Then YSU is not competitive because we lack any talent.

DavedS:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 08, 2017, 10:24:13 AM ---We typically loose 3-4 league games a year.  Last play or not we still loose.

--- End quote ---
Either way we most likely would've won the National Title last year without all the suspensions. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version