YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

ISU In-Game Thread

<< < (10/12) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on November 06, 2017, 09:49:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on November 06, 2017, 07:58:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on November 05, 2017, 09:18:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on November 05, 2017, 07:39:12 PM ---Let's see our "running" qb passes for over 300 yards and we score over 60 points, another bad day for Monty I guess.

--- End quote ---

Yeah and how many did he throw for last week? Come on guinpen, you know ISUb this year is not a a defense to measure any type of offensive success against

--- End quote ---

I was making a point, I get tired of the Monty bashing all the time. If he can get hammered when we lose he should get kudos when we win. Pretty simple.

--- End quote ---

Not when you play a D2 football team.

--- End quote ---

Excuse me but it is not as though we battled neck-to-neck against this supposed DII football team. A coach has just as much work to do against ISU, as ILS. A weaker opponent just makes it easier to execute.

dwj:
Ricky had a career day and good for him.  But the bottom line is we cannot compete with the top teams in our league.  One factor impacting this is QB talent.  When they stop our running game we are done we haven't had a QB who could take over a game in a long time.  Look at what NDSU did to us this year we played great defense in stopping their running & passing game & their QB took charge & won the game.  Sure we made it to the NCG last year & that was mostly due to being in the easy bracket.  If we were in the other bracket we probably wouldn't have made it past the second round.  We need to go out & get a stud QB, probably a transfer, who can take charge & win a game when needed.  If we continue with what we have not much will change.

go guins:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 07, 2017, 02:25:56 PM ---Ricky had a career day and good for him.  But the bottom line is we cannot compete with the top teams in our league.  One factor impacting this is QB talent.  When they stop our running game we are done we haven't had a QB who could take over a game in a long time.  Look at what NDSU did to us this year we played great defense in stopping their running & passing game & their QB took charge & won the game.  Sure we made it to the NCG last year & that was mostly due to being in the easy bracket.  If we were in the other bracket we probably wouldn't have made it past the second round.  We need to go out & get a stud QB, probably a transfer, who can take charge & win a game when needed.  If we continue with what we have not much will change.

--- End quote ---
Not sure how you can say "we cannot compete" when we played 5 ranked 1AA teams and 1 1A team.  Yes, we only won 1 but lost 4 on the last play of the game and didn't come prepared to play against Ill St.  We competed against NDSU, USD, SDSU, UNI, and Pitt, and I don't see how you can claim we can't?

dwj:
We typically loose 3-4 league games a year.  Last play or not we still loose.

go guins:

--- Quote from: dwj on November 08, 2017, 10:24:13 AM ---We typically loose 3-4 league games a year.  Last play or not we still loose.

--- End quote ---
Maybe, by your math and logic, then we typically win 4-5 league games, but many are close and a close win is tantamount to a loss? 
To me, being competitive means you have a chance to win, I assume to you it means you win every close contest?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version