YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Indiana State

<< < (5/9) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on November 02, 2017, 09:13:20 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 02, 2017, 09:05:03 AM ---Penguin Ice was Durkin working at quarterback with the second team in practice when you were there?

--- End quote ---

Yes he was. He had some nice zip on the ball. I would expect to see him on Saturday. For the life of me I can’t figure out why Soloman Warfield doesn’t start

--- End quote ---
Well, it's pretty clear Mays isn't the guy.  We went to a WR instead of Craycraft, so redshirt or not, they don't seem too high on Joe.  If the medical RS doesn't come through for Wells, maybe Durkin will be the 2018 guy?  He certainly has a history as a winner.
As to Warfield, not sure about up to now, but from now on, seniors need to move over. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 02, 2017, 09:05:03 AM --- For the life of me I can’t figure out why Soloman Warfield doesn’t start

--- End quote ---
I have been wondering the same thing
--- End quote ---

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on November 02, 2017, 09:25:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on November 02, 2017, 09:05:03 AM ---Penguin Ice was Durkin working at quarterback with the second team in practice when you were there?

--- End quote ---

Yes he was. He had some nice zip on the ball. I would expect to see him on Saturday. For the life of me I can’t figure out why Soloman Warfield doesn’t start

--- End quote ---
Well, it's pretty clear Mays isn't the guy.  We went to a WR instead of Craycraft, so redshirt or not, they don't seem too high on Joe.  If the medical RS doesn't come through for Wells, maybe Durkin will be the 2018 guy?  He certainly has a history as a winner.
As to Warfield, not sure about up to now, but from now on, seniors need to move over.

--- End quote ---

As to Craycraft, I’m wouldn’t say that their not too high on him. I think it’s more of let’s see what we have in Durkin.
As to the Seniors. I agree that they need to move over. That’s what frustrated me about practice the last two days. Because that’s not what’s happening. My comment on Warfield was that he should have been back there all along

go guins:
I'd still start all the "starters", but after the first series it'd be next years players, no doubt.  If we can't beat Indiana State with next year's players, it's better to find out sooner than later.  The back-ups on the OL are HUGE.  Time to see if they can do anything besides eat!

ytownchief22:
QB position is a serious problem. Now were possibly going to play a guy who hasn't played the position in about 3 years. Wasn't a real good pure passer, hence why he was moved to TE in the first place. Sad...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version