YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Illinois State

<< < (17/22) > >>

YSUGO:
I watched the post-game press conference and Bo was visibly upset and did not have an answer on why we played so bad.  Both players responded the same.  Very odd.  Is their something going on we don’t know about?

FOOTBALLFEVER:
My question is how do we beat a very good SDS team and play within a field goal of NDS and SD ( 2 top teams in the nation) and then have a performance like this? We can't blame this all on injuries..We had a significant amount during these games and other teams also had their share. It appears to me that the team has quit after the overtime loss to the Bison. It seems like we have a 360 degree flip in cultural change from a year ago..Something that Bo took great pride in getting turned around. There could be some in house issues we dont know about. I still think the Ma'lik Richmond controversy has affected this team to a degree

ucfpengbuck:
These guys played Pitt on the road to overtime.  Played the best FCS team in NDSU to overtime and now are playing like a last  place MVC team.   

We have some key injuries but don't most teams?    I'm wondering if the coaching staff has implemented a leadership program.   They need leaders on this team to get after players to show some passion and to represent the university.    Basketball season ?

ytownchief22:
Those 3 games in a row took everything out of them. Having the bye week that early sucked bad. You have a QB who can't see the field and who is maybe 60% trying to play, an O-Line that cannot block anyone. The worst O-Line we've had in years. RB's who are average. A defense that has poor fundamentals and cannot rush the passer. Mediocre team.

Joe Bernastat:
This team has zero leadership. That includes coaches and players.  Two straight pitiful, heartless performances. Everyone in the program should be ashamed, from Head Coach to 5th team redshirt freshmen to support staff.  A thoroughly embarrassing performance.  The weak and lazy excuse is injuries.  Sorry,,,injuries alone don't explain that pisspoor performance.  All of the program loyalists and apologists will point to injuries,,,we're supposed to be a top program,,,have we no depth?  Isn't that then a reflection of poor recruiting?  Or are the backups all hurt, too?  Sorry,,,I'm not buying it.  Too lazy of an excuse,,,how about we just don't seem to have leadership or heart?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version