Author Topic: Illinois State  (Read 43142 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Illinois State
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2017, 08:22:23 PM »
Very surprising and disappointing. I cant believe what I saw.

I didn't think we could look worse on offense after our 10 sack against game last week. Wrong. Can't even block a vanilla 4 man rush.

Our LB look very slow and cannot cover anybody.

Where did our fundamentals go? We are rapidly regressing. You cant just blame a couple injuries something is very wrong here across the board.

Our season has kind of mirrored Florida State. Highly ranked to start the season, lose a QB and now look like they'd rather be in the dorm studying than playing.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2017, 09:39:05 PM »
I have issues on the O just as much as the D today. Big list of changes that I was typing in the stands. FYI and not for a plug ...Evernote is such an awesome program. I now can take a photo and make my comments right from the comfort of Row-11. I will start a new thread sometime tomorrow & see if we can all play "couch coaches".

Just an FYI, this is our team & I watche every game. Let's not give up the ship.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2017, 10:49:09 PM »
Pack it in because its over. Coaches should be ashamed. The program is mediocre.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2017, 11:12:56 PM »
okay we are mediocre in October, 2017 ...but we were in the national championship just last year. I support my team. I agree that coaches should be ashamed, but players be need to be as well.

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2017, 12:23:47 AM »
Basketball season can't get here soon enough!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2017, 12:36:48 AM »
I watched the post-game press conference and Bo was visibly upset and did not have an answer on why we played so bad.  Both players responded the same.  Very odd.  Is their something going on we don’t know about?
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2017, 07:24:27 AM »
My question is how do we beat a very good SDS team and play within a field goal of NDS and SD ( 2 top teams in the nation) and then have a performance like this? We can't blame this all on injuries..We had a significant amount during these games and other teams also had their share. It appears to me that the team has quit after the overtime loss to the Bison. It seems like we have a 360 degree flip in cultural change from a year ago..Something that Bo took great pride in getting turned around. There could be some in house issues we dont know about. I still think the Ma'lik Richmond controversy has affected this team to a degree

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
These guys played Pitt on the road to overtime.  Played the best FCS team in NDSU to overtime and now are playing like a last  place MVC team.   

We have some key injuries but don't most teams?    I'm wondering if the coaching staff has implemented a leadership program.   They need leaders on this team to get after players to show some passion and to represent the university.    Basketball season ?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2017, 08:44:46 AM »
Those 3 games in a row took everything out of them. Having the bye week that early sucked bad. You have a QB who can't see the field and who is maybe 60% trying to play, an O-Line that cannot block anyone. The worst O-Line we've had in years. RB's who are average. A defense that has poor fundamentals and cannot rush the passer. Mediocre team.

Offline Joe Bernastat

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2017, 10:05:26 AM »
This team has zero leadership. That includes coaches and players.  Two straight pitiful, heartless performances. Everyone in the program should be ashamed, from Head Coach to 5th team redshirt freshmen to support staff.  A thoroughly embarrassing performance.  The weak and lazy excuse is injuries.  Sorry,,,injuries alone don't explain that pisspoor performance.  All of the program loyalists and apologists will point to injuries,,,we're supposed to be a top program,,,have we no depth?  Isn't that then a reflection of poor recruiting?  Or are the backups all hurt, too?  Sorry,,,I'm not buying it.  Too lazy of an excuse,,,how about we just don't seem to have leadership or heart?
Joe Cool

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2017, 03:44:57 PM »
There is definitely something going on behind the scenes and in the coaches office.  No way can an entire team play that poorly. When they took the field I told our crew they look flat.  Jogged out.  No fire.  Pelini going through motions.  Yelling at the punter???!!! He should be embarrassed.  But he's pulling in his millions from Nebraska...no skin off his back.  Penthouse to the outhouse in a quick minute.  Worst performance I have ever scene.  Expect the parents of the seniors to be the only ones at the last game.  They quit...He doesn't show up for his radio shows and expects the players and fans to show up for that??

THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2017, 04:22:11 PM »
He'll find an FBS or NFL job soon. Once his daughter graduates from Mooney.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2017, 04:57:58 PM »
Even Brock Spack was in a state of shock during his interview. He said he fully expected the game to come down to the last possession. Any chance of a strong recruiting class has been lost. Look for some of the verbal's to decommit before signing day

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
I watched the post-game press conference and Bo was visibly upset and did not have an answer on why we played so bad.  Both players responded the same.  Very odd.  Is their something going on we don’t know about?
There HAS to be something going on behind the scene!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2017, 09:51:10 AM »
So the offensive line play was kinda bad today. Who all is injured on the line?
"kinda bad"?  I can't image what would it take for you to say terrible!  That was abysmal.   Frankly, I expect better effort in the spring game! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!