YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UNI

<< < (26/26)

IAA Fan:
A few things:

1. A player has 5-years to play 4. So it does not matter if he meets NCAA sidelines for a medical hardship if this is his 5th-year of eligibility, as there is no remaining year. At this point, a player can ask for the medical waiver if he meets the requirements that 2000 pointed out. Hunter did not red-shirt so this will be interesting. Also, for eligibility, all you need to do is take one snap and you ave played that year. Hunter played his frosh year ... 2014-15-16 & now 17, so has no more eligibility. Medical is his only hope, but not sure how he gets it because he has not taken a red-shirt year, but again he has exhausted his eligibility.

2. We changed up quite bit this past week on offense & I thought Mays did well and showed improvement. I really thought we would have this game with ease, once the coaches son was ejected, but they switched up the defense instead...very smart. However, we did not seem to be prepared for the return of a couple UNI's key players and the resulting balanced offensive attack. UNI discovered they could stop our #37 with just the front 4, so they were free to move everyone inside and blitz at will. This would not have happened last year, as Ruiz had the ability to gain yards beyond the line (so opposing LB's had to stay in position) & Webb could catch the corner, something that I do not think has happened yet this year. I know that we need him to be more, but it is not prudent to think Mays is going to be more than what he is ...a QB with 4 starts. There were some obvious drops. We had just terrible communication on defense, which I thought Carl had figured out.

3. Montgomery is a system guy, which is why we can interject players more freely. What hurt us mostly on offense was our tailback play and line depth. When our TB's see double coverage, then you will see Mays' time to throw increase and his need to run decrease. Fundamental tackling has to improve & we need to be more balanced. How many other QB's are going to burn us with their feet because there is no one backing up the corners?

ytownchief22:
The O-Line is much worse than last year and the D-Line cannot get pressure at all besides Reed who is hurt.

YSUGO:
I was told Hunter couldn't get the redshirt already played too much. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version