YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs. North Dakota State

<< < (18/24) > >>

YSUGO:
Sorry power will disagree with you on our chances on a rematch if that happens it's on the road probably their place.  It was a good game but I was truly disappointed how we gave up that drive Right before the second half where they only had a couple of minutes.  That sh** costs you and it did. Again they have the better lines and qb.  And specials teams is one third of the game and they won that as well.  I see playoffs if we get in and if the committee was smart they would put us on opposite sides of the bracket and I could see us meeting in frisco.  But if we did that will not be a neutral site as the Bison will have a huge crowd vs our 4K that might show up.

Kandrase:
Has anyone else noticed that it seems like we never run the ball to the left side? I’m surprised they when our run game stalled out in the second half that Montgomery didn’t at least try to run to the left.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 15, 2017, 10:43:34 AM ---Has anyone else noticed that it seems like we never run the ball to the left side? I’m surprised they when our run game stalled out in the second half that Montgomery didn’t at least try to run to the left.

--- End quote ---

That's too much for Montgomery to handle. He only does things the other team will know are coming.

Penquin68:
NCS had a better O Line and D Line and QB.  But we still could have won because you win with a team.  The last 2 weeks in the final series with the game tied, they stack the line and we run the ball into that.  Either we have no faith in our QB to throw against a run defense or our play calling is suspect. In our final drive for a td, when we threw into their single coverage, it worked. Yes the db was close, but it worked.  At this level the offensive receiver has the advantage over the db, and we are reluctant to throw unless the receiver is very open which doesn't happen with the pass rush we face against good teams. We need quick throws to beat the blitzing that we face. Trying to drop back and view the field hoping for a wide open receiver is not possible with the pressure. Thus we get sacked and are up against it for that series.  I feel we play right into the opponents hand doing what we do.  And the QB must get rid of the ball quickly which rarely  happens.  Remember the Pitt game. They are as good as the teams we lost to the last 2 weeks.  We threw against them. Yes a different QB, but different play calling too.

Joe Bernastat:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 15, 2017, 02:46:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kandrase on October 15, 2017, 10:43:34 AM ---Has anyone else noticed that it seems like we never run the ball to the left side? I’m surprised they when our run game stalled out in the second half that Montgomery didn’t at least try to run to the left.

--- End quote ---

That's too much for Montgomery to handle. He only does things the other team will know are coming.

--- End quote ---

The Chief don't like Monty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version