YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs. North Dakota State

<< < (24/24)

penguinpower:
I don't think JMU is the best team.  There is clearly no best team this year, it depends in the weekend and who can improve from week to week. That includes developing depth at all positions and the success of that development.  We will see.  It is a long way away.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 19, 2017, 08:18:55 PM ---We have lost all the close games I think this year. Last year we won them.  We still haven’t played all 4 quarters of a game well.  Penguin power is correct we lack the big play ability on both sides of the ball.  I really think we miss Webb on offense.  The new kid is good but he is still Green and lacks the take it to the house like Webb did.?  Our D needs to create more turnovers and our kicking game needs to improve. We should make the playoffs and if Wells come back that could be the keys to get to Frisco.

--- End quote ---

I think we miss Ruiz more than Webb, but that is so hard to say. Ruiz was much harder to bring down then #37. Ruiz had speed, moves and such power. Look how many times he outran the line for more yardage, he could find a seam or make a hole ...so defenses could not fill a gap in the lane and stop him, they had to bring him down. That is what we are missing. However, Webb was also able to get that extra step to make it outside & could catch, which we also do not have. We are close to replacing Webb with a frosh (#25) who has good hands and is clearly getting better every week, but nothing even close to Ruiz that I have seen on the field. I hve to admit those spin moves by #37 were nice last week.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 21, 2017, 10:04:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on October 19, 2017, 08:18:55 PM ---We have lost all the close games I think this year. Last year we won them.  We still haven’t played all 4 quarters of a game well.  Penguin power is correct we lack the big play ability on both sides of the ball.  I really think we miss Webb on offense.  The new kid is good but he is still Green and lacks the take it to the house like Webb did.?  Our D needs to create more turnovers and our kicking game needs to improve. We should make the playoffs and if Wells come back that could be the keys to get to Frisco.

--- End quote ---

I think we miss Ruiz more than Webb, but that is so hard to say. Ruiz was much harder to bring down then #37. Ruiz had speed, moves and such power. Look how many times he outran the line for more yardage, he could find a seam or make a hole ...so defenses could not fill a gap in the lane and stop him, they had to bring him down. That is what we are missing. However, Webb was also able to get that extra step to make it outside & could catch, which we also do not have. We are close to replacing Webb with a frosh (#25) who has good hands and is clearly getting better every week, but nothing even close to Ruiz that I have seen on the field. I hve to admit those spin moves by #37 were nice last week.

--- End quote ---
We definitely lack a power back, that's for sure.  I don't think we throw to Turner enough either. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version