YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU vs. North Dakota State

<< < (3/24) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 09, 2017, 07:56:47 PM ---If we can't run the ball with any success, NDSU defense will eat Mays alive.

--- End quote ---
They have seen the read option for 2 years now so you can forget that. Mays or Davis need to hit some deep balls and stretch the field if not our running game will be in trouble. Their defense is head and shoulders above that of the bunnies and coyote's

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: lakesbison on October 09, 2017, 11:10:00 AM ---LETS GET IT ON!

I Don't expect NDSU to lose a game this year, sorry, but I personally feel that NDSU doesn't belong in the FCS, maybe Youngstown doesnt either??

NDSU's offense will be the only question mark going into this game as they haven't faced a defense yet, 5 straight cupcakes gets ya fat!

NDSU Defense is top notch, so I'm expecting a similar game to 2013 (when I graced Youngstown with my presence) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGGdg3Ia2M   35-17

--- End quote ---

LOL ... this topic has been discussed on this board for years now ...long before we even heard of NDSU. As I have told many YSU fans I will tell you. Being a team that no FCS team can afford summer camp time to prepare for does not make you (or YSU) a IA/FBS team. Not to mention we both lack facilities, although ours are a bit more deserving. Please do not respond with "Dome talk" It is a basketball area with turf, just as UNI is. Also let's not talk weather, you are a plain state. Try being just south of a great lake and being pummeled by moisture all winter ...you will then know what bone-chilling cold is all about. Try recruiting in a state with more than 2 DI programs and having your natural rivals being IA ... not I-AA and DII. Try recruiting in a local region that is highly touted and scoured by bigger clubs and a general region of over 70 DI programs ...instead of 7. We all have our good and bad. Your run will end, just as ours did (and GSU's, Marshall's, Appy State and EKU's did before you) and people will wonder what ever happened to those Bison. Hope you move up and you will be as irrelevant in the college football world as Nevada, Boise State, WKU and many others that did the same. If YSU moves up people may wonder the same, but at least fans will be able to travel to away conference games after a stop at a gas station ...not an airport.

So, back to the current game at hand.

ysuguins4:
Unless Mays plays a great game, I'd like to see Ricky get a chance.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 10, 2017, 10:52:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: lakesbison on October 09, 2017, 11:10:00 AM ---LETS GET IT ON!

I Don't expect NDSU to lose a game this year, sorry, but I personally feel that NDSU doesn't belong in the FCS, maybe Youngstown doesnt either??

NDSU's offense will be the only question mark going into this game as they haven't faced a defense yet, 5 straight cupcakes gets ya fat!

NDSU Defense is top notch, so I'm expecting a similar game to 2013 (when I graced Youngstown with my presence) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGGdg3Ia2M   35-17

--- End quote ---

LOL ... this topic has been discussed on this board for years now ...long before we even heard of NDSU. As I have told many YSU fans I will tell you. Being a team that no FCS team can afford summer camp time to prepare for does not make you (or YSU) a IA/FBS team. Not to mention we both lack facilities, although ours are a bit more deserving. Please do not respond with "Dome talk" It is a basketball area with turf, just as UNI is. Also let's not talk weather, you are a plain state. Try being just south of a great lake and being pummeled by moisture all winter ...you will then know what bone-chilling cold is all about. Try recruiting in a state with more than 2 DI programs and having your natural rivals being IA ... not I-AA and DII. Try recruiting in a local region that is highly touted and scoured by bigger clubs and a general region of over 70 DI programs ...instead of 7. We all have our good and bad. Your run will end, just as ours did (and GSU's, Marshall's, Appy State and EKU's did before you) and people will wonder what ever happened to those Bison. Hope you move up and you will be as irrelevant in the college football world as Nevada, Boise State, WKU and many others that did the same. If YSU moves up people may wonder the same, but at least fans will be able to travel to away conference games after a stop at a gas station ...not an airport.

So, back to the current game at hand.

--- End quote ---

We’ll put , I didn’t mean to start a tangent the phrase “belonging in FCS” triggered me haha.

ytownchief22:
Bo says Hunter is 50/50 to play. Same with Justus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version