YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota

<< < (5/34) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on October 05, 2017, 10:56:28 PM ---Don't like this game at all.  Tough place to play - like a sardine can.  Coming off a great game and have the #2 team next week.  We can either get trapped looking back or forward.  They believe this is the the breakout game for their program.  Talent across the field I think we are better in almost every position except QB, but the intangibles will determine this game - playing a full game, turnovers, special teams, taking the crowd out of the game early!  Nervous about what our demeanor will be like!  National Champion level or just a playoff team.  Better coach them up this week.  USD is 3-0 on the road - we better win on the road in this conference!

GO GUINS

--- End quote ---

Exactly my sentiments.  I also think they've circled this game.  I don't recall them ever beating us since joining the league  (and they've beaten NDSU).  You hit the nail on the head.  We will see if they are focused like a champion or if they are playing like a playoff team early in the season. This game could seriously end up being worth a bye heading into the playoffs, which will really help when that second season starts.

ytownchief22:
Let's not have a repeat of a couple years ago when people were trying to get gameday to come here for the NDSU game and we crapped the bed the week before because the team wasn't focused.

ysu2000:
Too late for that, ytownchief22.  Idiots on Twitter have been trying to get Gameday to the NDSU game all week. 

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: ysu2000 on October 06, 2017, 06:00:12 PM ---Too late for that, ytownchief22.  Idiots on Twitter have been trying to get Gameday to the NDSU game all week. 

--- End quote ---

Thankfully those idiots aren’t playing tomorrow.

The YO Show:
Now, I may fall under the category of "one of those idiots" on Twitter. But trust me, this team is focused on this week. Bo was asked in the weekly press conference, "Is it easier to keep the team focused when playing a highly ranked team?" He answered to the affirmative and said he didn't need to get the team focused at all this week, and then added, "But you all know I can most definitely get their attention if I need too, but I haven't needed too."

Besides, going back to the year we lost to UNI the week before, I wouldn't say that looking ahead lost the game. UNI was good, but we had every reason to win that game. I remember poor clock management costing us points and the game. Just my 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version