YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota

<< < (32/34) > >>

ytownchief22:
Worried about Reed's injury. He's our only true great pass rusher. Chapman and Louigene are decent. Bo and Carl will get the defense fixed. I mean we were playing the #6 team at their place and held them to their lowest offensive output of the year. Offensively I'm worried. If teams can stuff our run and make Monty and Mays try and beat you, it can rarely be done.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on October 07, 2017, 09:58:33 PM ---Worried about Reed's injury. He's our only true great pass rusher. Chapman and Louigene are decent. Bo and Carl will get the defense fixed. I mean we were playing the #6 team at their place and held them to their lowest offensive output of the year. Offensively I'm worried. If teams can stuff our run and make Monty and Mays try and beat you, it can rarely be done.

--- End quote ---

Geez and if you stop USD's QB anyone can beat them as well. LOL No one has done that and no one has stopped our run game. You look for Monty slams at any cost. You are playing with your back-up QB, deal with it. Stop looking for a record lap in the pool when you can barely keep your head above water. If anyone is going to stop our runner, it is coming to Stambaugh this week.

PS: Carl will not fix this defense, he does not know it is broken. Wrong players and defense for this conference. However, if we get to the post-season, our D will do alright.

ytownchief22:
You rip Carl just like I rip Monty. Agree to disagree I guess. You were just praising Carl earlier in the year, but you will never say a a bad word about your boy, who when the game is tight and close, he puckers up and craps the bed as a play caller. Sad.....

Double ET:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on October 07, 2017, 08:36:59 PM ---We will not beat any team that can stop the run. QB stinks out loud.

How on earth do we have to go to a WR to even field 3 QB in the first place?

We have a dozen TE and 2 QB

LOL, next week will be fun.

--- End quote ---

As I have post before, our QB plays have not been good.
Mays has trouble throwing a mid-long range ball. Monty probably had to shelve 25% of the Pass plays.
For short - mid passes, he was ok if the receivers were sitting stationary (tight ends and backs) or a wideout crossing across the middle.
His problems were with the passes to receivers or RB who were moving away from him. There were at least 2-3 passes missed Turn on the right side moving upfield. He threw the ball behind him. There were a few misses to the TE or WR running the routes away from him. He missed them too.

Wells could throw these passes where he could not.

SDU knew that and rolled the dice at our last drive but stacking the box. We were too conservative and ran 3 plays up the middle resulting in a punt.

You just could not give an NFL calibre QB 8-10 seconds to find a receiver and expected him not finding one.
We must have a better game plan next week if Wells still could not play. The coaches get paid for this and they need to figure it out.

ValleyTalk:
There is no sugarcoating the fact that our defense played its worse game in some time. I’m confident in Bo and Carl to get it straightened out. As bad as we played on both sides of the ball, we nearly pulled out a road win over what will likely be a top 5/10 team for much of the season IF their QB can somehow remain healthy. USD is a very solid team that will make noise in the Valley this year.

Bottom line though is we must play much much better to stand any shot of winning next week. As you may recall last years NDSU game played out very similar to the SDSU game with us falling behind early and never being able to materialize much the rest of the way. We need to come out strong and win the battle in the trenches. We lost the battle yesterday and lost the game. The week before we completely dominated SDSU in the battle in the trenches and we were victorious.

Big big big game this Saturday! Weather looks unreal for mid October with a high in the upper 70s!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version