YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota

<< < (31/34) > >>

YSUGO:
This was a game we could of won.  Their QB was the best one we saw all season and it seemed like we had no answer to what they were doing at times.  Mayes has played enough where the other teams no what he can and can’t do.  He doesn’t see the field well and at times holds the ball too long and struggles to throw the mid to deep throws.  So if I was the coach.  Uptempo the offense go to 3 step drops, slants and screen game. You  change your system to what you have.  That is what the good coaches do.  We can’t come out next week with the same coloring book and crayons.  I have a question why isn’t Coates with his 4.3 speed not gameplanned a few plays.  Just a thought.  Defense got exposed today I felt some poor tackling and spacing by the db’s which is fixable.  Not sure what baby bo’s gameplan to stop their qb was.  He gets a D this week.  Monty gets a D+.  Horrible play calls on the next to last drive. If u was the HC I would say what the hell were u thinking.

ucfpengbuck:
My only criticism was the 3 man rush and dropping everyone in coverage.  Wanted to see pressure on the SD Qb. Coaches know more than I do but the SD qb might be the best in the MVFC.

HappyPenguin:
We will not beat any team that can stop the run. QB stinks out loud.

How on earth do we have to go to a WR to even field 3 QB in the first place?

We have a dozen TE and 2 QB

LOL, next week will be fun.

KilrpengWin:
I don't see how any defense can stop the pass if the defenders don't know where the ball is. YSU's safetys and defensive backs were on receivers like white on rice, But only after the receivers caught the ball did they turn to see where it was!

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: KilrpengWin on October 07, 2017, 09:10:08 PM ---I don't see how any defense can stop the pass if the defenders don't know where the ball is. YSU's safetys and defensive backs were on receivers like white on rice, But only after the receivers caught the ball did they turn to see where it was!

--- End quote ---

Yep. That drives me nuts every game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version