YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota

(1/34) > >>

ytownchief22:
Time to turn the attention to the Coyotes. They've beaten a terrible Bowling Green team, and ranked teams in North Dakota and Western Illinois. The dome is always a tough place to play. Should be a good matchup.

Wick250:
They are definitely improved.  The Minnesota transfer is a dangerous dual threat quarterback, but I doubt that his targets are anywhere near the caliber that we faced last night.  And they have not met a defense as tough and as fast as ours.

If our oline plays with the intensity and the efficiency that they demonstrated last night (and I believe that they will,) it will be bad news for any defensive front seven in this league that does not call Fargo home.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 01, 2017, 11:44:44 PM ---They are definitely improved.  The Minnesota transfer is a dangerous dual threat quarterback, but I doubt that his targets are anywhere near the caliber that we faced last night.  And they have not met a defense as tough and as fast as ours.

If our oline plays with the intensity and the efficiency that they demonstrated last night (and I believe that they will,) it will be bad news for any defensive front seven in this league that does not call Fargo home.

--- End quote ---

I think it is difficult to replicate intensity.  There are too many individual factors involved.  However, I believe the key to beating this team is to test their depth.  We need to be physical and manage the game in a way so we keep it close till the 4th quarter.  I think things will break loose later in the game.  We just need to make sure we are getting the # of plays in each series on offense so it starts to take effect.  This team is much improved and they play tough in their dome. 

ytownchief22:
They've been close to beating us in the past so this team better be ready to play off the bat.

ucfpengbuck:
Charles Barkley had a comment on the YSU/South Dakota game.  He accidentally said Angola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgLVkcecP8g

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version