Author Topic: Post-Season Pre-sales  (Read 6232 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Post-Season Pre-sales
« on: September 24, 2017, 12:42:55 PM »
Not to jinx anything, or put the cart before the horse, but do you think that the YSU ticket office should begin selling final-game tickets, or at least deposits like a few of the teams do (NDSU & JMU); assuming we win 2 of 3 vs SDSU, USD and NDSU? Get fans and players excited.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Season Pre-sales
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
I absolutely think this is a good idea.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »
We have lost to SDSU what....something like 8 out of the last 9 times?  We will be underdogs in the next three games.  Total concentration and commitment must be placed on each of those, one game at a time.  Looking ahead to possible playoffs is exactly what we cannot afford to do. There are probably eight good teams in FCS this season: 7 from the MVFC plus James Madison.  Look ahead and we could easily finish 3-5 in this conference.

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 03:29:50 PM »
WICK:  the MVFC seems to be loaded with talent this year, this is somewhat typical for the MVFC, but this year it looks like every team has the ability to win. I'm hoping we can either beat NDST or SDST for one win there and hoping for 4 others wins in the conference. If we go 5-3, this should get us in the post season playoffs.

Yes, it looks like the MVFC and James Madison are the top FCS teams

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 03:59:26 PM »
We have lost to SDSU what....something like 8 out of the last 9 times?  We will be underdogs in the next three games.  Total concentration and commitment must be placed on each of those, one game at a time.  Looking ahead to possible playoffs is exactly what we cannot afford to do. There are probably eight good teams in FCS this season: 7 from the MVFC plus James Madison.  Look ahead and we could easily finish 3-5 in this conference.

I agree with what you are saying Wick, but Pelini isn't going to let the team look ahead. This is for fans. Plus IAA's premise was that they start selling post season tickets if we win 2 of the next three.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 05:39:19 PM »
No. One game at a time.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 11:05:57 PM »
I guess I am in the minority opinion once again then.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2017, 09:17:20 AM »
I guess I am in the minority opinion once again then.
You may be a minority opinion, but you are not alone!  Ya gotta laugh at these "one game at a time" FANS.  Certainly the coaches and players need to be that way, but the joy of being a fan is what we say or do (within reason) doesn't make a damn bit of difference.  If WE look ahead, then so be it.  Wick and Chief seem to thing what they think will affect team play.  I assume the also yell at the TV and hope the players adjust to their comments?  In any case, minority or not, we are correct.  Looking ahead is fine for us fans!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2017, 09:35:57 AM »
Get fans excited ? Lol... Yeah good luck with that. Nobody's excited except those on this message board and some family members and students. Won't change attendance one bit whatever the piss poor marketing department tries to do.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2017, 12:30:02 PM »
Not to jinx anything, or put the cart before the horse, but do you think that the YSU ticket office should begin selling final-game tickets, or at least deposits like a few of the teams do (NDSU & JMU); assuming we win 2 of 3 vs SDSU, USD and NDSU? Get fans and players excited.

Last year the athletic department should have at least sent out an email to season ticket holders to gauge interest in championship tickets before the AD turned down 75% of the tickets offered to YSU.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 03:23:58 PM »
Get fans excited ? Lol... Yeah good luck with that. Nobody's excited except those on this message board and some family members and students. Won't change attendance one bit whatever the piss poor marketing department tries to do.
Woe is me... everything bad in Y-Town.  Don't waste your time trying anything, nothing will work...........
Sad, very sad, and I believe wrong too!  Look at the size of our tailgate lot vs any other school with 1 playoff appearance in a decade.  Give us the oppertunity.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:45:12 PM »

incredibly we have the same mind.  unbelievable.  agreed.