YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

CCSU

<< < (6/7) > >>

Wick250:
FBS really lacks meaning today.  More accurate are the P5 and G5 designations.  Weak G5 conference claims to superiority over top level FCS conferences dissolve quickly.  For example, NDSU (#48 in current Sagarin) is rated higher than any MAC program.  YSU at #82 is fourth in FCS and trails only Toledo, Western Michigan, and Northern Illinois from the MAC.  The juggernauts at Akron and at Kent are #142 and #168, respectively.  I long for the day when the P5 programs officially bolt and leave the G5 pretenders exposed for the frauds that they truly are.

goodnews:
What are the non-conference schedules in 2018 and 2019?  Any updates or possibilities other then WVU next year?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 18, 2017, 05:36:53 PM ---FBS really lacks meaning today.  More accurate are the P5 and G5 designations.  Weak G5 conference claims to superiority over top level FCS conferences dissolve quickly.  For example, NDSU (#48 in current Sagarin) is rated higher than any MAC program.  YSU at #82 is fourth in FCS and trails only Toledo, Western Michigan, and Northern Illinois from the MAC.  The juggernauts at Akron and at Kent are #142 and #168, respectively.  I long for the day when the P5 programs officially bolt and leave the G5 pretenders exposed for the frauds that they truly are.

--- End quote ---
Yes.
I remember reading on the Sargarin rating last year after our national champion game, YSU was rank pretty high. I think we were ranked above most of the MAC team, 1 BIG team and some Big East teams. I assume those rankings could still be found using Google.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 18, 2017, 01:23:05 PM ---I agree ucfpengbuck and ysuguins4 I would rather play MAC schools. This has been discussed before. But ultimately, I can say I now know Akron has a moratorium on playing YSU. I'm guessing Kent would as well. We would have to play different MAC schools if we did.

--- End quote ---

At this point with the status all three programs as it is, they would be wise to not play us. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. A matter of time until they drop, problem for them is to figure out how to drop down gracefully.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 18, 2017, 05:36:53 PM ---FBS really lacks meaning today.  More accurate are the P5 and G5 designations.  Weak G5 conference claims to superiority over top level FCS conferences dissolve quickly.  For example, NDSU (#48 in current Sagarin) is rated higher than any MAC program.  YSU at #82 is fourth in FCS and trails only Toledo, Western Michigan, and Northern Illinois from the MAC.  The juggernauts at Akron and at Kent are #142 and #168, respectively.  I long for the day when the P5 programs officially bolt and leave the G5 pretenders exposed for the frauds that they truly are.

--- End quote ---
Wick, your right on the money with these comments. 
You have FCS because the play for a championship and FBS who now also plays for a championship.  We need a new level between the P5 conferences and the limited scolarship teams like Dayton etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version