YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

INSTANT REPLAY

<< < (3/3)

guinpen:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 14, 2017, 02:45:30 PM ---I've never understood not showing more replays on the board. Why not show more big plays? We don't move that quickly on Offense it wouldn't interfere. I enjoy a second chance to watch a nice play develop from a different angle than I saw it live.

Not showing controversial calls is mind boggling.

--- End quote ---

I also agree

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 14, 2017, 02:45:30 PM ---I've never understood not showing more replays on the board. Why not show more big plays? We don't move that quickly on Offense it wouldn't interfere. I enjoy a second chance to watch a nice play develop from a different angle than I saw it live.

--- End quote ---

Our in game atmosphere is second to just about everyone. It's honestly embarrassing. PA announcer calling the wrong names and numbers, no replays.

Double ET:

--- End quote ---

The problem is that they only have cameras on the East stand. They can only confirm or overturn the plays when they can be viewed from the East stand. The Wells goal line play couple years ago (ISU?) was overturned because the play was facing the cameras where the ref judged his knees touched the ground before the ball crossed the goal line. If he turned the other way where the cameras could not view his keens, we could have won that game.

I cannot understand why cameras were not added to the West stand?

If you are going to use the replays, do it right or don't do it at all.

Pitt used the replay in the Pitt game to decide whether Rader had fumbled that ball (ref ruled he did not). The Jumbo screen must have shown that played from several different angles at least 10 times since Pitt wanted the replay to overturn the call.

However, how many time would they have shown that replay if the ref had originally ruled it a fumble, we would never know.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 14, 2017, 07:18:04 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Our in game atmosphere is second to just about everyone. It's honestly embarrassing. PA announcer calling the wrong names and numbers, no replays.

--- End quote ---

Right!Remember!  People on TV saw and hear the same thing. How does it help our program?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version