YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Robert Morris

<< < (13/15) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 11, 2017, 09:39:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 10, 2017, 09:16:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grapestreet on September 10, 2017, 08:11:24 AM ---IAA are you watching the game or the disney channel. We will be fine (Bo Knows). I think we all can agree there were concerns(@Pitt) with all aspects of the game. Robert Morris isn't Pitt by a long shot. I did see some improvements. The TB's will be fine with MCCASTER and TURNER with the help of the other backs ( JOE, LONDON, ETC) the only TB that I know of that could run without a lineman blocking was Earl Campbell and he is sitting in Canton, OH.  I know we have this forum to discuss the best football team in America(my opinion) and if you don't know who that is let me be the first to tell you.....Its the YOUNGSTOWN STATE PENGUINS and if you don't share the same feelings get off this forum. ######GOGUINS!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Who does not share the same feelings? So are you saying the line is not opening holes, it is a good topic. I also think they are more geared to QB protection. To me, Turner is a more natural TB, with McCaster more of a FB.

--- End quote ---
1AA you claim Mays (AKA "1AA's manmance") that his "Passing ability is excellent,"  You should come up from Columbus and watch the games sometimes.  He can't throw 10 yards down field and his only TD every was a great leaping catch by Rader (2nd best catch of his life!)  I don't hate Mays, but your blind claims of his passing ability is over the top.

--- End quote ---

His ability is excellent. You should mention that I also said he lacks in consistency. I cannot remember having any infatuation over any player or staff member. I simply think the 1/2 of Wells/Mays is our best option. You need to stop being so extreme. I can say positives about Strollo, Montgomery, or anyone without being enamored. I can criticize anyone (including JT and coaches named Pelini) without getting to the point of hatred. I do not see Tressel as any type of savior. I saw/see what he does good and bad. Same thing with players. I like McCaster, but again he does not look like a natural TB to me.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 10, 2017, 03:19:04 PM ---We will have trouble with SDSU passing game.

--- End quote ---

I agree with Power and Chief here. We are again going to run into issues if we continue to push up safeties, SDSU can really hurt us. They need to stay back and help the DBs. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 10, 2017, 03:19:04 PM ---We will have trouble with SDSU passing game.

--- End quote ---
Most teams do!! Not sure if we have the answers for their QB, WR and TE..Montana St. did score 27 on them and held them to 31 points..I think we have been battle tested with the Pitt game and that will help. Both SDSU and NDSU have a weaker non-conference schedule then in the past with zero money games played. Getting Wells back for the conference opener is top priority

ytownchief22:
SDSU has NFL caliber talent on the offensive side of the ball but we'll worry about that when it gets here.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 11, 2017, 10:30:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on September 11, 2017, 09:39:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 10, 2017, 09:16:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grapestreet on September 10, 2017, 08:11:24 AM ---IAA are you watching the game or the disney channel. We will be fine (Bo Knows). I think we all can agree there were concerns(@Pitt) with all aspects of the game. Robert Morris isn't Pitt by a long shot. I did see some improvements. The TB's will be fine with MCCASTER and TURNER with the help of the other backs ( JOE, LONDON, ETC) the only TB that I know of that could run without a lineman blocking was Earl Campbell and he is sitting in Canton, OH.  I know we have this forum to discuss the best football team in America(my opinion) and if you don't know who that is let me be the first to tell you.....Its the YOUNGSTOWN STATE PENGUINS and if you don't share the same feelings get off this forum. ######GOGUINS!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Who does not share the same feelings? So are you saying the line is not opening holes, it is a good topic. I also think they are more geared to QB protection. To me, Turner is a more natural TB, with McCaster more of a FB.

--- End quote ---
1AA you claim Mays (AKA "1AA's manmance") that his "Passing ability is excellent,"  You should come up from Columbus and watch the games sometimes.  He can't throw 10 yards down field and his only TD every was a great leaping catch by Rader (2nd best catch of his life!)  I don't hate Mays, but your blind claims of his passing ability is over the top.

--- End quote ---

His ability is excellent. You should mention that I also said he lacks in consistency. I cannot remember having any infatuation over any player or staff member. I simply think the 1/2 of Wells/Mays is our best option. You need to stop being so extreme. I can say positives about Strollo, Montgomery, or anyone without being enamored. I can criticize anyone (including JT and coaches named Pelini) without getting to the point of hatred. I do not see Tressel as any type of savior. I saw/see what he does good and bad. Same thing with players. I like McCaster, but again he does not look like a natural TB to me.

--- End quote ---
Not sure I understand the use of the term excellence and inconsistent used to describe the exact same thing.  If you are an excellent passer, then by any reasonable definition, you have to be consistent.  Mays is a decent runner, very guttsy and a barely adaquate passer.  Maybe the 9-10 best in the MVFC.
Sorry if you find my liberal use of “manmance” offensive.  I didn't mean to offend, I DID mean to tease your 2 years of posting favorable reports of QBs not named Wells.  I know you like the runners better than the gunslinger thrower.  Funny thing is people hitting on Hunter for his terrible throw in OT last week, when I think his worst throw was the 4th quarter throw to Rader against EWU.  That throw should have sent us home instead of Frisco.  If you ever get a chance to look at it again, (it's all over YouTube) look how open Jody Webb was in the left flat.  Easy TD to Webb; Wells made the wrong choice and got lucky.  Just because I think Hunter is our best option, doesn't automatically make me thing he is perfect.  (BTW, the PITT throw was really horrible, especially on 1st down)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version