YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Robert Morris

<< < (12/15) > >>

IAA Fan:
You know if you think about it, we are closer to the point of being a team that can reload than we ever were with Wolf at the helm. Despite weaknesses, both coordinators can sub with a certain level of confidence we have not seen since Heacock (prior to his last couple of years). It is nice to see new players step "in" and contribute, as opposed to being forced to step "up".

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 10, 2017, 10:05:47 AM ---You know if you think about it, we are closer to the point of being a team that can reload than we ever were with Wolf at the helm. Despite weaknesses, both coordinators can sub with a certain level of confidence we have not seen since Heacock (prior to his last couple of years). It is nice to see new players step "in" and contribute, as opposed to being forced to step "up".

--- End quote ---

That is a good point. Thinking about this I will say I agree that depth is better. I think Pelini was being honest when he said he thought the depth was very improved. It showed against Pitt if you think about it. Most FCS teams do worse in the second half (due to depth and conditioning ect). We did BETTER the second half.

ytownchief22:
DB's still concern me. Especially since we haven't seen a good passing team yet. Thompson (Boardman kid) and Ragland are solid in backing up at DT. Really like both of them.

penguinpower:
We will have trouble with SDSU passing game.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 10, 2017, 09:16:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grapestreet on September 10, 2017, 08:11:24 AM ---IAA are you watching the game or the disney channel. We will be fine (Bo Knows). I think we all can agree there were concerns(@Pitt) with all aspects of the game. Robert Morris isn't Pitt by a long shot. I did see some improvements. The TB's will be fine with MCCASTER and TURNER with the help of the other backs ( JOE, LONDON, ETC) the only TB that I know of that could run without a lineman blocking was Earl Campbell and he is sitting in Canton, OH.  I know we have this forum to discuss the best football team in America(my opinion) and if you don't know who that is let me be the first to tell you.....Its the YOUNGSTOWN STATE PENGUINS and if you don't share the same feelings get off this forum. ######GOGUINS!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Who does not share the same feelings? So are you saying the line is not opening holes, it is a good topic. I also think they are more geared to QB protection. To me, Turner is a more natural TB, with McCaster more of a FB.

--- End quote ---
1AA you claim Mays (AKA "1AA's manmance") that his "Passing ability is excellent,"  You should come up from Columbus and watch the games sometimes.  He can't throw 10 yards down field and his only TD every was a great leaping catch by Rader (2nd best catch of his life!)  I don't hate Mays, but your blind claims of his passing ability is over the top. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version