YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Robert Morris

<< < (11/15) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 09, 2017, 02:37:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 09, 2017, 02:29:06 PM ---Everybody wanted Mayes you got him.

--- End quote ---

Only I-AA Fan. That's his boy.

--- End quote ---

did a damn good job. How can you even think of complaining? Tell me that you did not have confidence he was going to win this game? That is your back-up & he had never even thrown a TD pass before today. Cut the guy some slack. His second series was a struggle, then he stepped up. His vision is very good, mobility above average for a drop-back. Passing ability is excellent, but consistency is not there and this why he is a back-up. If it never comes he may never be more than a back-up ...but I think it will be there. He was 13 of 16 for 150 & hit 9 different receivers. Not something we are accustomed to seeing from our reserves in the past. Right now we have to make some tough decisions at TB & that is a more pressing issue. Teams do not fear our ground attack & this puts more pressure on the QB.

I liked that 2 TE set Monty used on that drive that started in the 3rd & rolled into the 4th-quarter. Mays hit Kuhn over the top & then went back to Rader for the TD. I like Rader, but Shane  is a darn good TE (probably our best) and we need to get him more involved. Overall I was very happy with today's game. We pressured without a safety today ...two standouts that I saw today are Chapman and Braswell.

Grapestreet:
IAA are you watching the game or the disney channel. We will be fine (Bo Knows). I think we all can agree there were concerns(@Pitt) with all aspects of the game. Robert Morris isn't Pitt by a long shot. I did see some improvements. The TB's will be fine with MCCASTER and TURNER with the help of the other backs ( JOE, LONDON, ETC) the only TB that I know of that could run without a lineman blocking was Earl Campbell and he is sitting in Canton, OH.  I know we have this forum to discuss the best football team in America(my opinion) and if you don't know who that is let me be the first to tell you.....Its the YOUNGSTOWN STATE PENGUINS and if you don't share the same feelings get off this forum. ######GOGUINS!!!!!!!!!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Grapestreet on September 10, 2017, 08:11:24 AM ---IAA are you watching the game or the disney channel. We will be fine (Bo Knows). I think we all can agree there were concerns(@Pitt) with all aspects of the game. Robert Morris isn't Pitt by a long shot. I did see some improvements. The TB's will be fine with MCCASTER and TURNER with the help of the other backs ( JOE, LONDON, ETC) the only TB that I know of that could run without a lineman blocking was Earl Campbell and he is sitting in Canton, OH.  I know we have this forum to discuss the best football team in America(my opinion) and if you don't know who that is let me be the first to tell you.....Its the YOUNGSTOWN STATE PENGUINS and if you don't share the same feelings get off this forum. ######GOGUINS!!!!!!!!!

--- End quote ---

Who does not share the same feelings? So are you saying the line is not opening holes, it is a good topic. I also think they are more geared to QB protection. To me, Turner is a more natural TB, with McCaster more of a FB.

The YO Show:
From what I saw in the Pitt game, I think the pass protection was better than the rushing capabilities of the line, at least in the first half. Our oline really wore Pitt down in the second half and started getting bigger holes for our RBs. Now, I didn't see hardly any of the Robert Morris game despite my best attempts due to poor ESPN 3 feed, so my observations on the line are from one game. But it is a pretty good unit. Some improvement could be made, but I don't think it is a real weakness right now. Just need to clean up the ability to run block and we will be fine.

For those who were at the game, was beer being served and if so how much?

The YO Show:
Nevermind, I just saw Buddy's post about beer prices in the other thread... disregard that question.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version