YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WKBN and local radio

<< < (2/9) > >>

Wick250:
I believe that WKBN cancelled that show several months ago.  It was mostly worthless anyway.  Only time they discussed YSU was when Hannon checked in. 

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 03, 2017, 05:49:12 PM ---I believe that WKBN cancelled that show several months ago.  It was mostly worthless anyway.  Only time they discussed YSU was when Hannon checked in.

--- End quote ---

That was the only good part.  Hannon.  I listened at noon when he checked in

pen4life:
actually I like the new radio show on sundays , it provides a healthy counterpoint to the official state propaganda that all good party members are expected to support. Wasnt completely sold on sports wrap because they didnt spend more time on YSU and hardly any time on phantoms hockey which is one of the best and most impactful sports attractions in our community. Who is Kyle Conner and why is he important to Youngstown and the NHL?

go guins:
 phantoms hockey which is one of the best and most impactful sports attractions in our community.

Maybe for the couple hundred people attending, but perhaps you and I don't agree on what "impacktful" means.  at least to me, phantoms hockey is making a big fat -0- impact in the community.  go to the mall, ask 100 people if the phantoms are playing now or in the off season, there won't be 6 people know for sure.

Wick250:
I actually feel sorry for the investors who are working very hard to promote this hockey team.  Few care.  It must be frustrating beyond imagination.  The only way hockey could become important in Youngstown is if YSU developed a legitimate DI team.  Won't ever happen for financial and Title IX reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version