YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

WKBN and local radio

<< < (5/9) > >>

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 08, 2017, 10:46:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 08, 2017, 10:27:38 AM ---People think that football is such a big hit with the community of Youngstown when it's really not. Sad but true. Especially when you have 2 home playoff games and can't even get 10k people in the stands. Some people are still stuck in the early 90's thinking.

--- End quote ---
The extra effort required to attend playoff games has always been an issue.  Even back in the 90's; you can look it up. But football is still #1 leisure activity in the valley, the state and the country. That is simply undeniable.  While I personally profess that the high point of football was the day Junior Seau killed himself, it is still far and away #1.  In 25 years we will look back on football as we do boxing, horse racing and tennis due to the head trauma issues, right now its still #1.  Some of these nut hockey fans are trying to talk up hockey when it isn’t #2 or #3 or #22 for that matter.  Good grief, walking in the mall is more popular than hockey.

--- End quote ---

#22? Wow are you out of touch.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 08, 2017, 01:21:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on September 08, 2017, 10:46:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 08, 2017, 10:27:38 AM ---People think that football is such a big hit with the community of Youngstown when it's really not. Sad but true. Especially when you have 2 home playoff games and can't even get 10k people in the stands. Some people are still stuck in the early 90's thinking.

--- End quote ---
The extra effort required to attend playoff games has always been an issue.  Even back in the 90's; you can look it up. But football is still #1 leisure activity in the valley, the state and the country. That is simply undeniable.  While I personally profess that the high point of football was the day Junior Seau killed himself, it is still far and away #1.  In 25 years we will look back on football as we do boxing, horse racing and tennis due to the head trauma issues, right now its still #1.  Some of these nut hockey fans are trying to talk up hockey when it isn’t #2 or #3 or #22 for that matter.  Good grief, walking in the mall is more popular than hockey.

--- End quote ---

#22? Wow are you out of touch.

--- End quote ---

He really is. Hockey isn't for everyone, and that's fine. Just like football isn't for everyone. But the interest in hockey is there. Maybe not in your world, but it's there.

YSUGO:
Nobody cares about Hockey if you think it's so good donate cash to start a program so 45 people show up.  This thread is about the local YSU sports coverage. 

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on September 08, 2017, 09:13:41 PM ---Nobody cares about Hockey if you think it's so good donate cash to start a program so 45 people show up.  This thread is about the local YSU sports coverage.

--- End quote ---

So Sassy!

pen4life:
YSU has had a "club" hockey team for years. So we are talking about YSU sports. And for my parochial friend (and Im not talking about someone who supports Catholic school athletics) Robert Morris has had an NCAA Div I hockey team since 2003. I really think your afraid hockey could become popular after all it's one of those "foreign" sports all the way from the foreign and exotic land of Canada. Which sport by the way isnt foreign either in its current form or its original form? Oh . sorry for sounding like an "academic nut case", sometimes I find it necessary to speak in more than one syllable. I'll try to tone it down for you. Football.......good, Hockey........bad. How's that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version