YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Prediction 2017: How many W's? Playoffs? Frisco?

<< < (2/3) > >>

HappyPenguin:
8 wins and playoffs with 1 condition. We must be able to generate a pass rush only using 4 lineman at least some of the times. The corners need help IMO and I don't like the idea of them "being on an island" until we see something from them.

We win whatever playoff games we get at home and eventually drop a road contest to the eventual National Champs.

Best win - Pitt
Most painful loss - at UNI

go guins:
9 wins minimum.  p;ayoffs for sure.  BUT, I'm with Happy, we have to generate pass rush with 4 guys upfront. 
National Championship factor of health and who's hot at the right time, but I don't think teams will be lining up wanting to play YSU come winter!

2000YSU:
This football team is capable of a 9 win season. Those 9 wins all hinge on the ability of our defense to get stops. This defense doesn't have to be the best we have ever seen just play complimentary football. As for the playoffs no doubt we are in and there is potential for a deep playoff run and trip to Frisco. However to get there we are going to need a little help from the selection committee and some luck. It is more likely that this year we win one or two playoff games, but after last year I learned "never say never" and I think this football team and the coaching staff can pull it off again! So yes if all goes well we could very well see another trip to Frisco!

ytownchief22:
Just don't see Frisco this year. Hopefully I'm proven wrong...

Buddy:

--- Quote from: 2000YSU on August 18, 2017, 11:23:54 AM ---This football team is capable of a 9 win season. Those 9 wins all hinge on the ability of our defense to get stops. This defense doesn't have to be the best we have ever seen just play complimentary football. As for the playoffs no doubt we are in and there is potential for a deep playoff run and trip to Frisco. However to get there we are going to need a little help from the selection committee and some luck. It is more likely that this year we win one or two playoff games, but after last year I learned "never say never" and I think this football team and the coaching staff can pull it off again! So yes if all goes well we could very well see another trip to Frisco!

--- End quote ---

I don't think any of us saw it last year and look how that turned out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version