YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football Practice

<< < (2/9) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 09, 2017, 05:05:54 PM ---RB is fine with McCaster and Alessi leading the way. Not really worried about the offense.

--- End quote ---
Agreed.  Also not worried about the kicking game either.......let's see, what's left..... oh yeah, Defense.  Middle should be OK,  DT's LB's and a safety or 2.  Edges are of concern, especially with spread offenses.  Hope somebody gets to practice and sees progress!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I think Bo will pull out all the strings this year. If it means burning a redshirt on Cook , Chapman or whoever he will do it. On offense we have at least 9 receivers we can count on to catch the ball and the same could be said for at least 3 tight ends thats a good problem to have. Look for Wells to throw more then in the past with different sets and formations. Needless to say the experience Tevon and Joe got last year was huge..I have know idea who will replace Dylan and Brock , but plenty of guys are more then capable. On defense we could see one of the better run defenses in recent memory. From what im hearing out of practice I'm not as concerned at the Defensive end position as i once was. I think we can square up the safety position without much problem..The corners remain a question mark

go guins:
Fever, in this day of spread offenses, it kind of comes down to QB and CBs doesn't it?  Wish we had more CB experience.  Not sure we don't have the talent, but we certainly don't have the experience.  We have Pitt and 2 cupcakes to start.  Would love to beat Pitt again, especially since they were the 1 and only team to beat Clemson last season. (who beat OSU 35-0 if anybody forgot)  But nobody will hold a 1A lose against us, so we have 3 games to work on development on D.  While I don't see 9 quality receivers, I do see quality at virtually every position.
I don’t know the 2 new OL starters, but we got quality play from several last year including Rotheram, Fraser, Newsome, to go along with Hrynkiewicz, Wiggins, and Spencer.  There are a bunch of guys with size we don’t know much about but several will start for us over the next few years, so I see good continuity of front.   Wiggins and Hrynkiewicz are Juniors, so we could have as many as 4 back for next year! 
We will score, we will be tough in the middle, and if the edge defenders step up, we could be very good! 
Can't wait.  23 days I think!

Double ET:
Got my season tickets in the mail today.

ytownchief22:
I'd put our DT's and LB's up against anyone in this conference. The DB's have me the most worrisome. I'm expecting Powell to be solid at safety.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version