YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Football Practice

<< < (5/9) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: robmat2571 on August 11, 2017, 07:02:13 AM ---I must be late to the party but, I just saw that Trent Hosick is listed as a safety.   Is it because his shoulder won't let him throw anymore?  Is he actually practicing at safety or just another body back there at practice.  Since he transferred,  he always has seemed like a good kid.  Go Guins!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, once he broke his collarbone pretty badly he was passed on the depth chart by Hunter and Nathan. He won't see the field as a safety. Only a practice body at this point.

IAA Fan:
Hosick said several months ago that it was September at the earliest for any throwing. Not certain if that is still the case, but it seems so. One thing that I will be looking for engaged he allows his coaches to be with the media ....especially the coordinators. He likes to keep them "under-wraps" and I am not certain if it a lack of confidence or just Bo's nature. After last year, they way we adapted on both sides of the ball, Bo has to have a good sense of confidence. I know that Bo is not that way in practice, he let's his coaches earn their paychecks.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I would feel much better if we would have kept Ricky or Trent at quarterback for depth purposes . Keep in mind this is the year we want Mays as the back-up because he is the future. Several athletic quarterbacks in college have made the transition to WR or secondary. Wouldn't put it past Ricky or Trent if they play some this year

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on August 11, 2017, 10:46:47 AM ---I would feel much better if we would have kept Ricky or Trent at quarterback for depth purposes . Keep in mind this is the year we want Mays as the back-up because he is the future. Several athletic quarterbacks in college have made the transition to WR or secondary. Wouldn't put it past Ricky or Trent if they play some this year

--- End quote ---
In previous reports from the spring, both Ricky and Trent believe they wouldn't have much chance of seeing the field at QB and wanted to be on the field.  You can't fault them for wanting to play as seniors.  If Hunter goes down, it wouldn't take much to move 1 or both back behind Mays.  The only issue I see here is Hosick's injury will limit his ability to hit at safety as well as throw.  I don't see him playing.  Funny thing, but as an athlete, I suspect Hosick is the best of the whole bunch.  The big eyes he had going to Missouri was a bad decision.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Check out @Brian_Dzenis's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Brian_Dzenis/status/896034891338592261?s=09 Need to get the corners figured out   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version