YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

2018 Football Committement

<< < (10/17) > >>

ytownchief22:
Ohio State Buckeye TE Kierre Hawkins is transferring to YSU. From Maple Heights. 4 star recruit out of high school and ranked a top 15 TE in the country. He and Durkin should make a nice receiving duo at TE. Big get for the Guins.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 11, 2017, 08:19:43 PM ---Ohio State Buckeye TE Kierre Hawkins is transferring to YSU. From Maple Heights. 4 star recruit out of high school and ranked a top 15 TE in the country. He and Durkin should make a nice receiving duo at TE. Big get for the Guins.

--- End quote ---
was mostly a RB in HS, so should be able to fill the Shane Kuhn roll of FB on short yardage if needed too!
not sure I want him or Durkin at TE.  I'm more toward Durkin at TE and Hawkins at WR.  6-4 225 makes a pretty tough matchup for CBs who are 5-9 185. 

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on December 12, 2017, 09:03:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 11, 2017, 08:19:43 PM ---Ohio State Buckeye TE Kierre Hawkins is transferring to YSU. From Maple Heights. 4 star recruit out of high school and ranked a top 15 TE in the country. He and Durkin should make a nice receiving duo at TE. Big get for the Guins.

--- End quote ---
was mostly a RB in HS, so should be able to fill the Shane Kuhn roll of FB on short yardage if needed too!
not sure I want him or Durkin at TE.  I'm more toward Durkin at TE and Hawkins at WR.  6-4 225 makes a pretty tough matchup for CBs who are 5-9 185.

--- End quote ---

No. He's a TE. He's a big strong kid trust me. I've talked to some people down in Columbus who were excited to see him. Explosive athlete. Just got buried on the depth chart. Had some academic issues. He will shine here.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on December 12, 2017, 10:18:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on December 12, 2017, 09:03:30 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

No. He's a TE. He's a big strong kid trust me. I've talked to some people down in Columbus who were excited to see him. Explosive athlete. Just got buried on the depth chart. Had some academic issues. He will shine here.

--- End quote ---
"Had some academic issues. He will shine here."
Academic issues always a concern, and do you think YSU is that much easier than OSU?  I don't.
Big and strong doesn't mean he can't play slot/WR. When Belichick had Hernandez and Gronkowski, he played both.  Going back a way I know, but Ozzy Newsome was a WR in Alabama before a Hall of Fame career at TE.  You work with what you have, and my money is on Durking and Hawkins over cluster of underachievers at WR.

ytownchief22:
YSU is by far easier academically than OSU. No question. I'm just saying he's going to be a TE. That's a good duo along with Durkin. 2 kids with D1 pedigree.

Heard some rumblings about some transfer QB candidates but that wont come to fruition until later closer to spring ball.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version