Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 84814 times)

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2017, 11:13:14 PM »
Chief,

We were inexperienced at several spots in 1991.  Several freshmen either started or saw considerable action in the secondary.  One of them was Lester Weaver.  We struggled early that year, actually losing to Akron and then to lowly Liberty at home the week before we had to travel to mighty Georgia Southern.  We all remember how that season worked out as our young players gained experience.  By the time they were juniors and seniors in 1993 and 1994, those kids in the secondary were important cogs in the best defense in IAA football.  And Weaver left YSU having played in four consecutive championship games, winning three and earning All-American honors.  So inexperience is scary, but as go guins noted it is not a reason to panic or lower expectations.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 02:59:40 PM »
Did anybody listen to the press conference interviews? Made me even more excited for this game. Also, saw this little gem. No idea if the betting site is accurate? No news has been covered in the media at all about the Pitt transfer QB Max Browne being injured?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2017, 03:05:33 PM »
I can't post the image for whatever reason (it won't let me embed it into this post). But I can assure you, the image exists.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2017, 03:36:38 PM »
NCAA FOOTBALL INJURIES
Last Updated: August 31, 2017 11:39 11 AM
Pittsburgh U
Date   Pos   Player   Injury   Status
08/25/17   OL   Alex Bookser   Suspension   expected to miss Saturday vs Youngstown State
08/25/17   FB   George Aston   Undisclosed   out indefinitely
08/25/17   DB   Jordan Whitehead   Suspension   expected to miss first 3 games of the season (eligible to return 9/23 vs Georgia Tech)
08/25/17   QB   Max Browne   None   has been named the starter
08/25/17   LB   Quintin Wirginis   Suspension   expected to miss first 3 games of the season (eligible to return 9/23 vs Georgia Tech)
08/25/17   WR   Tre Tipton   Knee   out for season

Looks here like Browne is going to play.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »
Thanks Go, I think you're right. I think he is going to play.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »
Browne is fine. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
I think this will be a low scoring affair.  I think that we will have to get rid of the ball fast in order to move the ball downfield.  I think the OL is a work in progress.  We will miss Moss and Rivers.  I think Pitt will try to test our secondary.  They know we've lost a lot there.  It will be interesting, but I think this team will play them tough.  The are battle tested.  The MVFC prepares them for that adversity.  I think this one will be a close game.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »
Prediction scores for the game ?

I say 28-17 Pitt.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2017, 02:18:25 PM »
If I go with what I would like, or rather my heart, I say 27-24 YSU.

But from my head, probably 42-24 Pitt.

My head really hopes my heart is right.   :o

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2017, 02:52:08 PM »
I think the best we can hope for is to stay within 2 scores & come home with everyone healthy,  We will be facing a good QB, one of the top receivers in the country & a good coach who doesn't like YSU.  Go Penguins!

Offline Penguin Nick

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
I have not purchased a ticket yet but will do so tomorrow (probably from one of my favorite scalpers).  Where are the majority of YSU fans sitting? 

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2017, 08:33:13 PM »
I think this will be a low scoring affair.  I think that we will have to get rid of the ball fast in order to move the ball downfield.  I think the OL is a work in progress.  We will miss Moss and Rivers.  I think Pitt will try to test our secondary.  They know we've lost a lot there.  It will be interesting, but I think this team will play them tough.  The are battle tested.  The MVFC prepares them for that adversity.  I think this one will be a close game.
Bo would prefer a low score game this time around. We have the recievers that can get open on the Pitt secondary and a QB who can get them the ball, if our offensive line can give Wells the time he needs..this will be key in this game if want to have any kind of a chance
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:43:06 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2017, 09:19:09 PM »
I have not purchased a ticket yet but will do so tomorrow (probably from one of my favorite scalpers).  Where are the majority of YSU fans sitting?

I know my group and I are sitting in section 110. I know others in Section 108, but I don't know if the majority of fans are sitting in 107. I think that would be my guess. But I'm not sure.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2017, 09:21:03 PM »
Bo would prefer a low score game this time around. We have the recievers that can get open on the Pitt secondary and a QB who can get them the ball, if our offensive line can give Wells the time he needs..this will be key in this game if want to have any kind of a chance

Fever, didn't you say that the oline pass rush defending was suspect from camp? Hoping this is not the case tomorrow.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2017, 10:47:23 PM »
O-Line and DB's are my biggest concern. We're gonna have to dominate the LOS to win the game.