YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (19/36) > >>

Wick250:
Chief,

We were inexperienced at several spots in 1991.  Several freshmen either started or saw considerable action in the secondary.  One of them was Lester Weaver.  We struggled early that year, actually losing to Akron and then to lowly Liberty at home the week before we had to travel to mighty Georgia Southern.  We all remember how that season worked out as our young players gained experience.  By the time they were juniors and seniors in 1993 and 1994, those kids in the secondary were important cogs in the best defense in IAA football.  And Weaver left YSU having played in four consecutive championship games, winning three and earning All-American honors.  So inexperience is scary, but as go guins noted it is not a reason to panic or lower expectations.

The YO Show:
Did anybody listen to the press conference interviews? Made me even more excited for this game. Also, saw this little gem. No idea if the betting site is accurate? No news has been covered in the media at all about the Pitt transfer QB Max Browne being injured?

The YO Show:
I can't post the image for whatever reason (it won't let me embed it into this post). But I can assure you, the image exists.

go guins:
NCAA FOOTBALL INJURIES
Last Updated: August 31, 2017 11:39 11 AM
Pittsburgh U
Date   Pos   Player   Injury   Status
08/25/17   OL   Alex Bookser   Suspension   expected to miss Saturday vs Youngstown State
08/25/17   FB   George Aston   Undisclosed   out indefinitely
08/25/17   DB   Jordan Whitehead   Suspension   expected to miss first 3 games of the season (eligible to return 9/23 vs Georgia Tech)
08/25/17   QB   Max Browne   None   has been named the starter
08/25/17   LB   Quintin Wirginis   Suspension   expected to miss first 3 games of the season (eligible to return 9/23 vs Georgia Tech)
08/25/17   WR   Tre Tipton   Knee   out for season

Looks here like Browne is going to play.

The YO Show:
Thanks Go, I think you're right. I think he is going to play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version