YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (17/36) > >>

The YO Show:
Hopefully the Oline can develop, but it is definitely disconcerting to hear the corners are playing suspect. We are going to need good DBs for conference play with the QBs in the MVFC this year.

penguinpower:
The offensive tackle position may be the issue on this team.  Large holes to fill.  Keep this in mind

ytownchief22:
The O-Line has been getting consistently beaten in practice from what I hear, and we all know Mr. Wells is not fleet of foot so this is gonna be interesting Saturday. Gonna have to run the ball effectively.

HappyPenguin:
Well if it does rain, it won't be well over 100 degrees on the field this time. That hurt last time us more than rain will hurt us this time.

Quality depth is where the FBS and FCS teams differ the most in my opinion.

go guins:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on August 30, 2017, 09:57:50 AM ---Well if it does rain, it won't be well over 100 degrees on the field this time. That hurt last time us more than rain will hurt us this time.

Quality depth is where the FBS and FCS teams differ the most in my opinion.

--- End quote ---
The last COUPLE of times in Pitt that sun was brutal! 
Depth is an issue for sure, but as a general rule FCS players are still a little small, or a little slow, position by position vs FBS players.  The reason we remember getting 2 players drafted is because it rarely happens.  OSU has a dozen annually.  There is still a BIG difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version