Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 80293 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »
As long as we can find ways to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball ,limit the big plays from Pitt, play some complimentary football we could walk out of there with a win like the one we had in 2012!
IF IF IF and IF come true we would win every game!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2017, 05:41:09 PM »
I think I have a pretty good idea on how this game will go... I am both a Pitt fan and YSU fan.  I will be cheering for YSU!  USC Max Browne will start at QB for Pitt.  He was sortof a bust at USC although was the #1 rated qb coming out of HS.  He is still getting used to the offense at Pitt.  However, Pitt has two FANTASTIC wr's in Quadre Henderson and Jester Weah.  They will cause our defense big problems.  Henderson was the best returner in college football last year... they will run several jet sweeps with him trying to get him loose.  Pitt also has several good rb's including the kid from Austintown (although he has fallen a bit on the depth chart).  Pitts Defense is in a total rebuild mode!  The secondary is poor and their best db is suspended!  Expect a relatively high scoring game!  (AGAIN). 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2017, 07:14:44 PM »
Robert Lee was booted out of ESPN's broadcast of the U of Virginia fooball because of his name. He has been reassigned to broadcast the Pitt-YSU game.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2017, 08:04:03 PM »
Robert Lee was booted out of ESPN's broadcast of the U of Virginia fooball because of his name. He has been reassigned to broadcast the Pitt-YSU game.

Sadly this kind of stuff does not shock me anymore.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2017, 07:58:35 AM »

Sadly this kind of stuff does not shock me anymore.
They did say his name was Robert A Lee, not Robert E Lee, and he was actually not a Confederate general.  Nice that they clarified that at least.  The politically correct leftists in the country are completely out of control! 

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2017, 08:48:57 AM »

LOL, wow what a country. If this is the guy I am thinking of, he is of Asian descent  :o :o :o :o :o

Clearly a racist confederate sympathizer.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:18 AM »

LOL, wow what a country. If this is the guy I am thinking of, he is of Asian descent  :o :o :o :o :o

Clearly a racist confederate sympathizer.
The Asian community should line up the lawyers to sue their A$$ off. Does anybody really think ESPN would remove Robert Lee if he happens to be African American?

DefendYoungstown

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2017, 10:34:00 PM »
A main reason many I know have stopped contributing to this forum over the years is because of the political commentary and general vitriol between forum contributors. To that end, could we please stick to information about YSU football? There's plenty of other outlets for everything else.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2017, 08:39:12 AM »
A main reason many I know have stopped contributing to this forum over the years is because of the political commentary and general vitriol between forum contributors. To that end, could we please stick to information about YSU football? There's plenty of other outlets for everything else.
Just noting, you post has nothing about football either, making is political in nature. 
Who do you see emerging at DE?

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »
Chapman and Louigene are going to be the starters at DE. I expect the transfer Reed to supplant one of them as he gets more used to Bo's defense.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
Chapman and Louigene are going to be the starters at DE. I expect the transfer Reed to supplant one of them as he gets more used to Bo's defense.
]
I assume you are correct, but it doesn't matter as much who starts, it matters who is getting after the enemy QB in the 4th quarter!  What I liked most about Derek Rivers is he made his sacks in the 4th quarter of close games.  Yes, a sack when you are up 14-0 in the 1st quarter is nice, but what counts is one when you are up 21-17 in the 4th and the other team is driving.  That's when Rivers stood out.  Hope he recovers 100% for NE, and I hope Reed or whomever, gets it done in the 4th quarter!   My clear sense is 28 points won't win the Pitt game for either team.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »
Just noting, you post has nothing about football either, making is political in nature. 

Go guin, I am with you.
My original comment about Robert Lee being pull out of the ACC broadcast of UVA game and was reassigned to be an analyst for the YSU-Pitt football game.

It had "ESPN", YSU, PITT, FOOTBALL, ESPN FOOTBALL ANALYST, UVA, ACC , YSU- PITT in the paragraph. Please tell me, DefYn, why this is not related to YSU sports?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2017, 09:54:21 AM »

Go guin, I am with you.
My original comment about Robert Lee being pull out of the ACC broadcast of UVA game and was reassigned to be an analyst for the YSU-Pitt football game.

It had "ESPN", YSU, PITT, FOOTBALL, ESPN FOOTBALL ANALYST, UVA, ACC , YSU- PITT in the paragraph. Please tell me, DefYn, why this is not related to YSU sports?
Double ET, we should probably give up, this guy is probably a liberal that things Bob Lee SHOULD be removed from UVA game coverage.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2017, 10:19:25 AM »
Nobody's talking about it but the loss of Squiric on this team could be trouble in the middle. He was a 300+ pound plug in there and about to be a 3 year letterman. Mesier and Smith will be the starters and they are very good and have the experience but the depth behind them with Ragland, Thompson and McCraw may take some time to develop. We'll see...

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
Nobody's talking about it but the loss of Squiric on this team could be trouble in the middle. He was a 300+ pound plug in there and about to be a 3 year letterman. Mesier and Smith will be the starters and they are very good and have the experience but the depth behind them with Ragland, Thompson and McCraw may take some time to develop. We'll see...
While there are Wentz's and Rivers in 1AA football, the ones that have next level talent, by the fact of their limited numbers, highlights the thin talent level at 1AA.  The loss of depth for anybody, at any position, can be critical.  They talk about OSU not rebuilding, but re-loading.  Well, at our level, it is a lot harder to re-load.  That is why the Tressel years at YSU or the run at NDSU were so impressive.  (note the "were" when refering to NDSU.  The coach is gone, his players are gone, the run will be over, just watch)   I wish Cody well.