YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!

<< < (6/52) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 18, 2017, 09:47:53 AM ---I'm OK with the concept of "moving on".  But experience is the only way you learn and I would feel better about it if I had any sense the athletic department had learned anything.  Last I heard, they were still trying to convince me they did the right thing.  Whatever.  Tressel will have to pay a little closer attention next time.  If it is worth doing right, it is worth doing it yourself, and obviously he can't trust his own athletic department.
Moved on.

--- End quote ---

Why I thought he did everything ... I understand he does not need a landing for the boat at the Pitt game. LOL. Sure, if there even is an issue he can be part of it right? Say you know that you can write a letter to the editor at the Vindy? You know that two former Vindy Penguin beat writers still work close bye and have no reason not to answer your emails. You can certainly find the answer. You can even email or call Eric McLellan or Sheryl Schuff at the school. So many options. Here is another good one, Trina Simerly of the NCAA (tsimerly@ncaa.org). We emailed her when we had as many as 80 people talking about going. It ended up being 9 (myself not included) but she was more than prepared to put all of us together in the YSU section. This was well after everyone started talking crap. So yes, let's move on, but down the right path ...shall we?

Also our biggest gap to fill (by far) is at TB. It will actually be nice to see some DE's stay at home so our safeties can do the same.

The YO Show:

IAA, while I think losing Jody Webb and Martin Ruiz at TB does put us worse off at that position, I like what I've seen from McCaster and Alessi. We will be fine at tailback. Its an opinion but I was thinking our biggest gap would be at DE.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on July 19, 2017, 03:47:45 AM ---45.

IAA, while I think losing Jody Webb and Martin Ruiz at TB does put us worse off at that position, I like what I've seen from McCaster and Alessi. We will be fine at tailback. Its an opinion but I was thinking our biggest gap would be at DE.

--- End quote ---

We are not going to be able to replace 2 NFL caliber DE. How many teams in the country have 2 DE drafted by NFL in the same year?
In absence of these 2 DE, it is critical for our LB to put pressure on the QB and our DB/safeties to cover the receivers.
With Wrght and other starters coming becoming back, LB will be pretty good.
My concerns are with DB and Safeties since we lost most starters. Because we had a history of giving up big plays, we need these players to step up.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 17, 2017, 10:26:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on July 17, 2017, 11:20:29 AM ---It's a new season "BUT" we will never forget!!!

--- End quote ---

Forget what, that we could not sell as many tickets as JMU. Yes I was embarrassed, but that is about the extent of it. Already forgotten, this is 2017. Maybe we will get there again and fans will have more income. How about they move this game to someplace more accessible (aka less than a day drive)?

--- End quote ---

go guins:
This was well after everyone started talking crap. So yes, let's move on, but down the right path ...shall we?
Right path?  Whatever

Also our biggest gap to fill (by far) is at TB. It will actually be nice to see some DE's stay at home so our safeties can do the same.

WHAT!!!  In the day of the spread offenses, DE's planted on the end the line and safeties planted in the backfield is absolutely the kiss of death!  For better or worse, defensive football is all about pressure on the QB and receivers.  You let the QB stand back and gaze across a field with 5 receivers running all over the place and you will give up 100 points!  You talked all last year about all these guys that could run, Davis, Hosick and Mays and when we got a guy that at 6-5 could stand back and look for a receiver to throw to, we started to win and went all the way to the national championship game.  DE’s need to sell out on damn near every play and DB’s need to pressure the receivers on damn near every play or you will lose for sure.  Glad Pelini is coach and not you!
We will be almot as good at RB this year as last, it's the QB pressure that has me worried.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version