YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

COUNTDOWN TO FOOTBALL SEASON!

<< < (5/52) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 17, 2017, 10:26:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysubigred on July 17, 2017, 11:20:29 AM ---It's a new season "BUT" we will never forget!!!

--- End quote ---

Forget what, that we could not sell as many tickets as JMU. Yes I was embarrassed, but that is about the extent of it. Already forgotten, this is 2017. Maybe we will get there again and fans will have more income. How about they move this game to someplace more accessible (aka less than a day drive)?

--- End quote ---

The athletic department is a joke and fumbled the whole situation but let's move on.

go guins:
I'm OK with the concept of "moving on".  But experience is the only way you learn and I would feel better about it if I had any sense the athletic department had learned anything.  Last I heard, they were still trying to convince me they did the right thing.  Whatever.  Tressel will have to pay a little closer attention next time.  If it is worth doing right, it is worth doing it yourself, and obviously he can't trust his own athletic department.
Moved on.
Biggest hole for 2017 was obviously DE.   The freshmen look to have potential but at least the top 2 recruits are 215 lbs, and they isn’t enough.  They will certainly add in the weight room, but for 2017 we seem to be pretty thin if Justis Reed isn’t healthy.  Anybody have an input at DE? 

ytownchief22:
DE will be interesting to watch. Reed is healthy and ready to go. Ready to compete for a starting job.

The YO Show:
46!

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on July 18, 2017, 10:46:17 AM ---DE will be interesting to watch. Reed is healthy and ready to go. Ready to compete for a starting job.

--- End quote ---
He damn sure better be ready to compete for starting job, we don't have any DE's!  Question is, compete with who (or is whom?)  I'm going to go out on a limb and say, I don't think Reed can play both sides at the same time.  We still need another starter and a couple back-ups.  Fazson Chapman looked like an adequate back-up last year, but replacing Moss/Rivers is a BIG step from "adequate back-up"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version