YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Campus Updates

<< < (16/29) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 27, 2018, 09:27:58 AM ---BTW, I would be willing to bet that people from the plain states would be miserable if they spent a traditional winter in Ashtabula, Conneaut or Erie. During a year when the lake does not freeze until late, the moisture makes life just miserable. Most of the plain states have a much more dry cold. However, I do agree that once you get down in temp ...cold is cold.

--- End quote ---
Cold is cold.  Coldest days in Fargo could be dangerous for players and fans.  Don't forget, they call it the "plains" because there is nothing to stop the wind either!
The coldest Fargo days on record are:
10 Jan 1982   -38°F
1 Feb 1996   -37.1°F
30 Jan 2004   -36°F
16 Jan 1977   -35.1°F
29 Jan 1951   -35°F
Same for "dry heat".  I have a golf buddy, that when we were playing in Las Vegas at 109 and somebody says "but it's a dry heat", Ken says, "my oven is a dry heat, but it will still bake a turkey!"
BTW, I'm not sure I really like your analogy.  Who wouldn't be miserable spending time (anytime) in Ashtabula, Conneaut or Erie?

IAA Fan:
Look up temps in rural Geuga, or places like Rome (Ohio of course) I bet they have broken those Fargo records every winter for the past 3 or 4 years. (-41f just this year alone). BTW. there is much more protection from the wind in Fargo, than across Lake Erie :)

But yes ....cold is cold. Not sure I would like a dome either.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 27, 2018, 09:48:06 AM ---Look up temps in rural Geuga, or places like Rome (Ohio of course) I bet they have broken those Fargo records every winter for the past 3 or 4 years. (-41f just this year alone). BTW. there is much more protection from the wind in Fargo, than across Lake Erie :)

But yes ....cold is cold. Not sure I would like a dome either.

--- End quote ---
That's why nobody wants to go the Ashtabula!
BTW, the official record low in Rome OH is -28 in 1979 and again in 1994

go guins:
1AA, I did find this headline for 2015 for Rome, OH
"Coldest place in Northeast Ohio reached a frigid -39 degrees Friday morning"
Hard to believe, but two internet stores and one is wrong?!?!?  Good grief, what happeed to "I read it on the internet, it must be true?"

ytownchief22:
They received two more donations of 100k each to name the radio booths in the new multimedia center. Construction should start summer/early fall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version