YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Campus Updates

<< < (13/29) > >>

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 21, 2018, 09:59:00 PM --- Strollos greatness
--- End quote ---

Wow.  Whatever you were doing in the pictures Strollo has of you must be bad.

Penguin Nick:
From go guins:  "but sports at YSU is all about football." 

go guins, I love football but you should include men's basketball in your statement.  If the men's team did well they would be the talk of the town.

IAA Fan:
Whatever, these same old ignorant conversations go nowhere. Just make sure you guys stop complaining about "the good old boy network".  Just make sure to give your donations and buy your tickets. That is what it is all about.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nick on February 22, 2018, 01:56:42 PM ---From go guins:  "but sports at YSU is all about football." 

go guins, I love football but you should include men's basketball in your statement.  If the men's team did well they would be the talk of the town.

--- End quote ---
IF, is a very big word in a story, isn't it.  This issue with MBB is, while we have 1AA in football, we don't have it is BB.  We also don't have any conference rivalries because we play FB and BB in two different leagues. As long as we have split leagues and need to compete against OSU, Kentucky, and Duke in any tournament appearance, rating anywhere near football is going to be really hard.  I have supreme confidence in Coach Calhoun, but getting MBB anywhere close to FB is going to be a MAJOR struggle.
Yes, success breeds recognition, so I'll bet in a random survey at the mall, more people would know the leader of the track team, than the leading scorer on the basketball team.  Zallow has been featured in the paper, etc. much more.  BUT the relevant part of that it would be less than 1% or 2% know the names.  Many more pay attention to football.  We need to embrace this, not "fix" it.  That's why I want major upgrades to Stambaugh Stadium, because it is the landmark facility on campus and need to be top shelf.  Good grief, we still piss in troughs like the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium!  I couldn't believe it when they opened SS in 1982 and here we are 36 years later still pissing in the same troughs!?!?!  1AA wants to talk about how great the leadership of Strollo is for the AD.  Well, is he has such get skills, let's see him get us G-D urnals!

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 22, 2018, 02:01:09 PM ---Whatever, these same old ignorant conversations go nowhere. Just make sure you guys stop complaining about "the good old boy network".  Just make sure to give your donations and buy your tickets. That is what it is all about.

--- End quote ---
I don't even know WTF your "good boy network" comment is about, but if you are implying the $$$ influences college athletics, well, welcome to the 20th century!  (maybe the 21th will be coming to a site near you soon!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version