YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Campus Updates

<< < (2/29) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on July 12, 2017, 12:30:26 PM ---Wow, looking forward to see some of the improvements and additions. We plan to be there in late August to visit for a few weeks.

What happened to the plans to add special sports broadcast class rooms on the East side of Stambaugh Stadium?

--- End quote ---

That multimedia center will be constructed once the football season ends. They didn't have all the funds ready in time to star this past year.

IAA Fan:
I decided to do some volunteer work, so Tressel was at Columbus talking with the group & he brought artists renditions of the changes. The entire campus, all living areas and stores will have underground power lines and high-intensity lighting. Several new call-boxes as well. Streets paved with what he called "enhanced" sidewalks. Just like the ones around WATTS now. (The ones by WATTS have rubber foot massaging, then concrete walk & then bike area. One of the people attending asked about the 3 newer lots by the old doctors offices behind FNB Field. Tres did not have any specifics, but thought some changes were coming related to traffic & parking. I also understand that there are still plans to build a woman's sports building.

OleYSUfan:
Thanks Chief and Fan for YSU updates; sounds like a lot of improvements have been completed and a lot more scheduled for next year. That should make the campus far more attractive for future students and recruits.

go guins:

Attended the Summer Festival for the Arts on Saturday.  This is a growing event the covers most of the central part of the campus grounds and I recommend it to all.  A very impressive group of craftspersons and artists, and I did spend some money, (not a ton).  According to my marketing guy, who is also an artist, I missed JT for about an hour, but he does get around.  I was a freshman the fall 1967 and the difference from them to now is REMARKABLE.  We actually had parking lot referred to in the Jambar as the "mud lot".  Everybody called it that.  I am the leading expert in State universities in Ohio.  Being a YSU alum, married to a KSU grad, with a son graduated from OSU and a daughter from BGSU.  My wife (who also has a masters from YSU) said the campus area of YSU is now competitive with the other 3, when it used to be a joke compared to "real" universities.   The administration has done a great job here, and where I give JT most all the credit for the athletic turnaround, this had been ongoing consistently even when he was here coaching. 
This is not sports and I'll stop now, but the university deserves to have the Arts Festival supported.

ytowngirl:
Campus is really improved since I went there 1998-2002.  It's great to see them build a nice campus.  I guess Barnes &  Noble is moving in on every campus as the campus bookstore.  Same happened at Ohio State. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version