YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Campus Updates

<< < (4/29) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 18, 2017, 02:26:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on July 18, 2017, 10:45:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on July 18, 2017, 10:28:10 AM ---go quins:

Wow I totally forgot about Clingan-Waddell Hall! I had my math classes there back in 62,63; it was eerie. The 3rd floor of the Main Building was extremely cramped with very low ceilings. All in all, it was a great place.

--- End quote ---
I had several math/engineering classes in the basement of Clingan-Waddell Hall. What an experience!
However, the temperature was comfortable.
Now, they regularly turned the AC off on the hot days (>85 degree) between 3-7pm. I had classes from 4:30 - 11 pm. The room temperature offen exceed 90 degrees at the beginning of the class. We had to continuously search for cooler rooms in the building. We moved from room to room 3-4 times through out the evening as AC gradually came back on after 8 pm.
The building is also energy efficient..... Which means the windows cannot be open.

--- End quote ---
I had a 4 hour calculus class Saturday morning in the basement of C-W hall.  (3-1/2 hours trapped in that damn basement!)  You should be glad your windows didn't open.  Ours did, and the street dust came through the steet level grates down a 6' deep window well and driffed into the classroom!  Oh, the good ol' days!
You guys knew the "mud lot" and all the parking issues then too!  Started ate $150 per quarter, full time.

--- End quote ---
Some of my classes were in another "classy" building which you guys might have forgotten - the Rayen school, next door to the YWCA. However, it was an improvement over CWH.
The following year, we were spoiled (by moving into the brand new engineering building). I will stop now before getting kick out of the site for all these non YSU sports discussions.

Petey:
Attended 72 to 76. Remember making it to the top floors of Jones Hall and finding quite a few fake walls and passages between rooms by moving pieces of trim just like the movies.  Not a joke really happened! Someone suggested at one time they were butler passages for a wealthy family that lived there prior to the University taking it over?

GOOO GUINS!!!!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Petey on July 18, 2017, 05:16:32 PM ---Attended 72 to 76. Remember making it to the top floors of Jones Hall and finding quite a few fake walls and passages between rooms by moving pieces of trim just like the movies.  Not a joke really happened! Someone suggested at one time they were butler passages for a wealthy family that lived there prior to the University taking it over?

GOOO GUINS!!!!

--- End quote ---

Jones Hall.... Was the reason for us being known to be UCLA...

Buddy:
I attended from 1980 to 97.  couple of undergraduate and masters.  So the place really change over the years.  All the bars and houses around the campus.  Drinking age was 18 and the party crowd was something.  When the drinking age changed to 21 killed that scene and the school became really refined!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Double ET on July 18, 2017, 04:47:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 18, 2017, 02:26:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: Double ET on July 18, 2017, 10:45:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on July 18, 2017, 10:28:10 AM ---go quins:

Wow I totally forgot about Clingan-Waddell Hall! I had my math classes there back in 62,63; it was eerie. The 3rd floor of the Main Building was extremely cramped with very low ceilings. All in all, it was a great place.

--- End quote ---
I had several math/engineering classes in the basement of Clingan-Waddell Hall. What an experience!
However, the temperature was comfortable.
Now, they regularly turned the AC off on the hot days (>85 degree) between 3-7pm. I had classes from 4:30 - 11 pm. The room temperature offen exceed 90 degrees at the beginning of the class. We had to continuously search for cooler rooms in the building. We moved from room to room 3-4 times through out the evening as AC gradually came back on after 8 pm.
The building is also energy efficient..... Which means the windows cannot be open.

--- End quote ---
I had a 4 hour calculus class Saturday morning in the basement of C-W hall.  (3-1/2 hours trapped in that damn basement!)  You should be glad your windows didn't open.  Ours did, and the street dust came through the steet level grates down a 6' deep window well and driffed into the classroom!  Oh, the good ol' days!
You guys knew the "mud lot" and all the parking issues then too!  Started ate $150 per quarter, full time.

--- End quote ---
Some of my classes were in another "classy" building which you guys might have forgotten - the Rayen school, next door to the YWCA. However, it was an improvement over CWH.
The following year, we were spoiled (by moving into the brand new engineering building). I will stop now before getting kick out of the site for all these non YSU sports discussions.

--- End quote ---

My very first class at YSU was at Rayen, 1971, Helen Van Gorder I believe.

I know it has been a while for me but I am impressed with the changes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version