YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Campus Updates

<< < (3/29) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on July 17, 2017, 02:14:07 PM ---Campus is really improved since I went there 1998-2002.  It's great to see them build a nice campus.  I guess Barnes &  Noble is moving in on every campus as the campus bookstore.  Same happened at Ohio State.

--- End quote ---
1998?? Should have seen it is 1967.  West hall was an honest to goodness old army barrack and the basement at Clingan-Waddell was legendary! 

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 18, 2017, 09:58:58 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytowngirl on July 17, 2017, 02:14:07 PM ---Campus is really improved since I went there 1998-2002.  It's great to see them build a nice campus.  I guess Barnes &  Noble is moving in on every campus as the campus bookstore.  Same happened at Ohio State.

--- End quote ---
1998?? Should have seen it is 1967.  West hall was an honest to goodness old army barrack and the basement at Clingan-Waddell was legendary!

--- End quote ---
Go Guiana, try 1966 when I was a freshman at Youngstown University, back then, also known as UCLA.

OleYSUfan:
go quins:

Wow I totally forgot about Clingan-Waddell Hall! I had my math classes there back in 62,63; it was eerie. The 3rd floor of the Main Building was extremely cramped with very low ceilings. All in all, it was a great place.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on July 18, 2017, 10:28:10 AM ---go quins:

Wow I totally forgot about Clingan-Waddell Hall! I had my math classes there back in 62,63; it was eerie. The 3rd floor of the Main Building was extremely cramped with very low ceilings. All in all, it was a great place.

--- End quote ---
I had several math/engineering classes in the basement of Clingan-Waddell Hall. What an experience!
However, the temperature was comfortable.
Now, they regularly turned the AC off on the hot days (>85 degree) between 3-7pm. I had classes from 4:30 - 11 pm. The room temperature offen exceed 90 degrees at the beginning of the class. We had to continuously search for cooler rooms in the building. We moved from room to room 3-4 times through out the evening as AC gradually came back on after 8 pm.
The building is also energy efficient..... Which means the windows cannot be open.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on July 18, 2017, 10:45:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on July 18, 2017, 10:28:10 AM ---go quins:

--- End quote ---
I had several math/engineering classes in the basement of Clingan-Waddell Hall. What an experience!
However, the temperature was comfortable.
Now, they regularly turned the AC off on the hot days (>85 degree) between 3-7pm. I had classes from 4:30 - 11 pm. The room temperature offen exceed 90 degrees at the beginning of the class. We had to continuously search for cooler rooms in the building. We moved from room to room 3-4 times through out the evening as AC gradually came back on after 8 pm.
The building is also energy efficient..... Which means the windows cannot be open.

--- End quote ---
I had a 4 hour calculus class Saturday morning in the basement of C-W hall.  (3-1/2 hours trapped in that damn basement!)  You should be glad your windows didn't open.  Ours did, and the street dust came through the steet level grates down a 6' deep window well and driffed into the classroom!  Oh, the good ol' days!
You guys knew the "mud lot" and all the parking issues then too!  Started ate $150 per quarter, full time. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version