YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Announces 2017-18 Non-Horizon League Slate

<< < (3/5) > >>

ytownchief22:
Calhoun absolutely has a say in the schedule. Strollo can stick to doing... whatever he's been doing.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on July 01, 2017, 10:04:16 PM ---Calhoun absolutely has a say in the schedule. Strollo can stick to doing... whatever he's been doing.

--- End quote ---
Calhoun isn't helping Strollo make the schedule, he (and his very competent staff) ARE THE ONES making the schedule.  Chief, you are 100% right, Strollo should stick to whatever it is he does with his time.  NO, on second thought, the thing I remember most about Strollo's year is screwing up BIG TIME and sending the Frisco tickets to JMU!  No, somebody needs to find a job for him to keep him out of the way.  Does JT need his shoes shined or something?

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 03, 2017, 09:38:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on July 01, 2017, 10:04:16 PM ---Calhoun absolutely has a say in the schedule. Strollo can stick to doing... whatever he's been doing.

--- End quote ---
Calhoun isn't helping Strollo make the schedule, he (and his very competent staff) ARE THE ONES making the schedule.  Chief, you are 100% right, Strollo should stick to whatever it is he does with his time.  NO, on second thought, the thing I remember most about Strollo's year is screwing up BIG TIME and sending the Frisco tickets to JMU!  No, somebody needs to find a job for him to keep him out of the way.  Does JT need his shoes shined or something?

--- End quote ---

Oh here it is. Another completely unproven claim. Now had we sold out it would have been Tressel's doing ... LOL . You guys make me laugh so hard sometimes. So which is it? If Calhoun is Hero, Tressel brought him in; if a failure, another bad Strollo hire. ;). Do you want to know what Strollo does Chief and Go?  In a word ...EVERYTHING. He may not chase down every team for our schedule, but he does hire the person that does and Strollo approves that schedule. Tressel, the complete opposite; but he does hire the AD's (well at least at the executive level). BTW, you guys are aware that the conference operations department does the HL scheduling right? Wick is right on our former operations man did ours. I am not sure what Bruinsma will do for us in the future; with his contacts and if he has admin skills we should keep him. However we did hire Richmond. I am not sure if Managers and Directors fall under coaching staff budget dollar$, or admin staff ... anyone know?

Scheduling is more than calling or taking calls from bigger universities. We receive updates on openings from conferences, then look at things like student schedules, lodging, transportation, return requirements (if any) and much more. We have to get on waiting lists for tournaments & if the accept us, we need to try and fit it in. Then we have to publish our schedule openings and call on local smaller schools to come here, as we do not have the funds to provide for travel.

ValleyTalk:
Give credit where it is due... Strollo has this department moving in the right direction and I truly believe we are on the cusp of something special with our MBB and WBB programs. His focus on improving our facilities, or in the case of the WATTS, Farmers National Bank Field, and the YSU Softball Complex building new facilities to help our programs compete on the D1 level, is paying big dividends now. It never hurts to have a President that has an Athletic background, but to give Strollo no credit is a major disservice IMHO.

While other nearby college athletic departments are facing major budget hurdles, Strollo has our department in sound fiscal shape and he and his staff should be commended for that.

go guins:
1AA
Strollo has almost every single program going down the crap hole for a dozen years, then Tressel shows up and he suddenly gets smart and hard working?  YOU make us laugh! (Your funniest one is giving Strollo credit for the WATTS)
If Calhoun is a bust, then it's all on JT, same as Pelini.  If Strollo isn't getting the bus, he better practice, so he has something worthwhile to do.
Leadership comes from the top.  JT is definitely setting the direction and providing the leadership.  The financial health of the AD comes from the financial health of the UNIVERSITY, (Under JT) not the other way around.  Why you disparage the greatest person YSU has ever known is beyond me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version