YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

IUPUI as the next Horizon League member?

<< < (2/3) > >>

guinpen:
I agree

OleYSUfan:
I agree also; very few people in my area of N. Carolina know any Horizon schools with the exception of YSU. They know YSU primarily because of their football and several YSU engineering grads.

ELPENGUIN:
You old geezers...........what does knowing about IUPUI or Robert Morris have to do with North Carolina or any other area of the country have to do with welcoming a new member into the Horizon League.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ELPENGUIN on June 27, 2017, 10:20:35 PM ---You old geezers...........what does knowing about IUPUI or Robert Morris have to do with North Carolina or any other area of the country have to do with welcoming a new member into the Horizon League.

--- End quote ---
Seriously?  You think we should plan a welcoming party on Federal Plaza the first time they come to YSU for a BB game?   Good grief, IUPUI isn't even a branch of one BIG school, it has 2 names.  What a joke. 

Wick250:
IUPUI has 30,000 students and an excellent academic reputation.  They have run a low profile athletic program thus far, but have tremendous financial resources.  If they were to get serious about sports in general and basketball in particular, they would quickly blow past every program in the Horizon League.  For their potential, they are an excellent addition.

Unless there is an intervention of biblical proportions, the Ohio MAC schools will continue to waste many millions on their delusional quest to be consider "big time" in athletics.  We will never affiliate with them.  For those of you who are obsessed with the MAC, you are certainly entitled to your dream.  But it is unrealistic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version