YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Preseason football poll

<< < (2/2)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on June 19, 2017, 08:56:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on June 07, 2017, 02:13:07 PM --- I want to finish 3rd in the conference as 1&2 do not face OVC and SoCon teams early and 4 may not go at all.

--- End quote ---
Seriously?

--- End quote ---

Yes it is all about positioning, as we proved last year. Do you think we would have beaten NDSU or SDSU in round-2? Not likely. Maybe NDSU, but now way in heck would we beat SDSU and next year UNI will be in the mix.

ytownchief22:
Good thing Bo is the coach and not you. We don't shy away from anyone. Play who you play and may the best team win.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on June 20, 2017, 10:10:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on June 07, 2017, 02:13:07 PM --- I want to finish 3rd in the conference as 1&2 do not face OVC and SoCon teams early and 4 may not go at all.

--- End quote ---
Seriously?

--- End quote ---

Yes it is all about positioning, as we proved last year. Do you think we would have beaten NDSU or SDSU in round-2? Not likely. Maybe NDSU, but now way in heck would we beat SDSU and next year UNI will be in the mix.

--- End quote ---
"as we proved last year"???  By not being seeded, we had to play more football games than any other college team in history!  And you thing that is good? 
I would rather do our best to win every game: get a bye, then play as many games at home as possible.   We played 5 playoff games, one was fairly easy, we were lucky to win 2 of them, damn lucky to win 1 of them and lost 1.  Win everything you can and play at home and play fewer games is the formula for success.
Good grief 1AA, you are hoping to edge out NIU for 3rd in the league?  Kind of defeatist if you ask me.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on June 20, 2017, 03:13:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on June 20, 2017, 10:10:26 AM ---

--- End quote ---
Seriously?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
"as we proved last year"???  By not being seeded, we had to play more football games than any other college team in history!  And you thing that is good? 
I would rather do our best to win every game: get a bye, then play as many games at home as possible.   We played 5 playoff games, one was fairly easy, we were lucky to win 2 of them, damn lucky to win 1 of them and lost 1.  Win everything you can and play at home and play fewer games is the formula for success.
Good grief 1AA, you are hoping to edge out NIU for 3rd in the league?  Kind of defeatist if you ask me.

--- End quote ---

Edge them out exactly, but make sure we beat them in the regular season or we could have 4 teams from the MVFC & people arguing for 5. I use the Tressel method Chief. Make sure our seeded opponents are from the OVC and the Big South. SoCon team should stay at home until they lose.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version