YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Signs Trio of Frontcourt Recruits for 2017-18

<< < (2/2)

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 19, 2017, 10:15:50 AM ---I agree that coach P had some talent, but I cannot credit the work of the coordinators enough for last year's success. Carl drove me insane at first, the way he brought forward all of his secondary & we were burnt; but with one stud returning and Carl's patience and effort we had a decent secondary that could cover by year-end, looking to be solid again in 2017; maybe even a strength. Montgomery worked with 3 different offenses and pushed Bo (at risk to his job) to make a change and then made it work. Both of those guys (Carl and Monty) had to work around huge losses due to off-field issues and still took us to the final. Bo's personality did the most important thing, that is make a bunch of players that previously had not even a "smell" of the post-season, work hard and improved each week during the play-off run ...something I did not think we could do.

MBB had several solid DI players (at least 5, despite one leaving) with one arguably the top players in the conference. We are a mid-major program, we cannot expect anything but marginal DI guys unless we develop them and/or take "issues". For all the attacking you guys do against Slocum, you cannot his ability to develop players; as our string of HL 1st-team players tells us. Let's just hope we keep our current honoree. I too think we will excel quickly; we have no choice, as the conference will not sit back and watch another team be successful.

--- End quote ---
I agree the coordinators did a good job, and I agree Pelini got everybody on the same page and believing they could accomplish far greater than previously and that anyone expected, and allowed good things to happen.  Wonder why you don't give the overall leader JT the same credit.  After all, Strollo is the equivalent of a coordinator to head coach JT? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version