YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Set To Take On 10th-Seeded Wolverines In NCAA Regional

<< < (3/4) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 17, 2017, 01:23:04 PM ---"Every sports improvement came while Strollo was AD. Nothing under Tressel" 
So according to you, nothing good has happened since JT has been president?  You know that is BS as well as I know it is BS.  Strollo record for 12 years before JT stands for itself.  The progress on ALL fronts for YSU under President Tressel stands for itself.  You can be as delusional as you want, the facts are the facts. 
You can be as much a Strollo supporter as you want but giving HIM credit for the WATTS is outragous!  Perhaps you should so a little reasearch into what WATTS stands for? (I know you know and S sure as hell isn't for STROLLO!)

Whatever you want to think, it's fine with me, but the facts of the 12 pre-Tressel years for Strollo and the 4 since stand for themselves.

--- End quote ---

No but Tressel has been president with only Strollo as the AD. I was talking about Tressel as an AD, as I clearly said. Also, Tressel's name is on there because of a donation more than anything else. You know who deserves more credit for WATTS than most? ... Jon Heacock. It was Strollo that was tasked with getting the place built. Stop acting as though I give no credit to Tressel ...all I am doing is giving credit to Strollo.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 17, 2017, 04:00:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on May 17, 2017, 01:23:04 PM ---"Every sports improvement came while Strollo was AD. Nothing under Tressel" 
So according to you, nothing good has happened since JT has been president?  You know that is BS as well as I know it is BS.  Strollo record for 12 years before JT stands for itself.  The progress on ALL fronts for YSU under President Tressel stands for itself.  You can be as delusional as you want, the facts are the facts. 
You can be as much a Strollo supporter as you want but giving HIM credit for the WATTS is outragous!  Perhaps you should so a little reasearch into what WATTS stands for? (I know you know and S sure as hell isn't for STROLLO!)

Whatever you want to think, it's fine with me, but the facts of the 12 pre-Tressel years for Strollo and the 4 since stand for themselves.

--- End quote ---

No but Tressel has been president with only Strollo as the AD. I was talking about Tressel as an AD, as I clearly said. Also, Tressel's name is on there because of a donation more than anything else. You know who deserves more credit for WATTS than most? ... Jon Heacock. It was Strollo that was tasked with getting the place built. Stop acting as though I give no credit to Tressel ...all I am doing is giving credit to Strollo.

--- End quote ---
Now you are changing time frames.  Seems to me you know my argument is sound so you want to change the argument.  You completely lost me when you credited Strollo with the WATTS center to support a "pre-Tressel" argument.  That is absurd and you know it.  What JT did for his former employer was, to my knowledge, completely unprecedented and you tried to trivialize it.  Sorry, I am out for now.

IAA Fan:
Well I never trivialized anything with JT. He is a better President than most thought he would be in a shorter period of time and a successful one-time coach for us. As to WATTS, I would only ask you to realize that the cash was more the "W" than the "T" ...wife and father-in-law. As to changing time frames, my comment was that even Tressel will admit that Strollo is a better AD that Tressel ever was ... and I stand behind that statement. After all he was Strollo's predecessor.

The fact was, many things were ignored with Tressel as AD ...except the football schedule. Strollo has had to Shift financial resources without destroying football and the fact is that none here wants to give him credit. The second fact is you falsely think that president Tressel is the hidden force behind a supposed recent upturn in sports, when the fact is the only recent upturn was the second half of last year's football team, led by a coach that Strollo hired. A successful new sport in bowling, which Strollo put in place. You all complain about a good-old-boy system, when it has been in place for probably 50-years (or more) now. Yet you act as though this system is Strollo's doing. It is this good-old-boy system that got Tressel hired at YSU ...twice. The truth is that Strollo accomplished much in cooperation with and "despite" this good-old-boy system and I am happily reminded of that fact every time I visit campus and see the new facilities. So in review ...everything that is good with sports is Strollo, as is everything that is bad. In less than 10-years president Tressel will be able to claim the same for the university. If Calhoun works out great, if not we will move on; in both cases it is Strollo. It is a not as if Tressel (or Strollo) miraculously doubled the MBB HC's salary, yet Strollo has has been very creative in use of resources to generate funds for this new staff and program. Yet I know, if they are successful it will be Tressel and if it is a failure, it will be Strollo's doing.   LOL

go guins:

"The second fact is you falsely think that president Tressel is the hidden force behind a supposed recent upturn in sports,"  YES I DO!  And I stand by my opinion that Tressel is IN FACT, the force behind the sports improvement, AND the financial improvement, AND the enrollment improvement at YSU.  Your blind denial to JT's influence and blind support of an AD with a 12 year track record of absolutely nothing accomplised before JT returned is completely lost on me. 
And by crediting Strollo with the WATTS center you certainly and absolutely DID trivialize the commitment to YSU by a former employee.   And your minimizing the financial commitment by JT to the WATTS center is another attempt to trivialize his efforts on behalf of YSU.  Do you suppose his father-in-law would have made a donation to YSU without Jim Tressel’s efforts?  You thing your boy Strollo would have built that feature.  You think your boy Strollo would have talked Pelini into coaching at 1AA without the WATTS or without Tressel?  Seriously?
IMO, for some reason lost on me, you are delusional with Strolloitis, or anti-Tresselitis.  JT is the best thing to happen to YSU since becoming a State University, and Strollo is an employee nobody will remember 18 months after he leaves.  I don’t have any for time for this thread.  Have a nice summer.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on May 19, 2017, 09:09:29 AM ---
"The second fact is you falsely think that president Tressel is the hidden force behind a supposed recent upturn in sports,"  YES I DO!  And I stand by my opinion that Tressel is IN FACT, the force behind the sports improvement, AND the financial improvement, AND the enrollment improvement at YSU.  Your blind denial to JT's influence and blind support of an AD with a 12 year track record of absolutely nothing accomplised before JT returned is completely lost on me. 
And by crediting Strollo with the WATTS center you certainly and absolutely DID trivialize the commitment to YSU by a former employee.   And your minimizing the financial commitment by JT to the WATTS center is another attempt to trivialize his efforts on behalf of YSU.  Do you suppose his father-in-law would have made a donation to YSU without Jim Tressel’s efforts?  You thing your boy Strollo would have built that feature.  You think your boy Strollo would have talked Pelini into coaching at 1AA without the WATTS or without Tressel?  Seriously?
IMO, for some reason lost on me, you are delusional with Strolloitis, or anti-Tresselitis.  JT is the best thing to happen to YSU since becoming a State University, and Strollo is an employee nobody will remember 18 months after he leaves.  I don’t have any for time for this thread.  Have a nice summer.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Your blind denial to JT's influence and blind support of an AD with a 12 year track record of absolutely nothing accomplised before JT returned is completely lost on me.
--- End quote ---
   Obviously.

--- Quote ---And by crediting Strollo with the WATTS center you certainly and absolutely DID trivialize the commitment to YSU by a former employee.   And your minimizing the financial commitment by JT to the WATTS center is another attempt to trivialize his efforts on behalf of YSU.  Do you suppose his father-in-law would have made a donation to YSU without Jim Tressel’s efforts?
--- End quote ---
Do you think Watson would have given that much if JT was not his son-in-law? Actually he is a long-term benefactor, that is how JT met his current wife.

--- Quote ---You think your boy Strollo would have talked Pelini into coaching at 1AA without the WATTS or without Tressel?  Seriously?
--- End quote ---
Again I will remind you that it was Pelini that "dropped his hook in the pond that is YSU", we never actively pursued him' we are not that idiotic. It was Ron Strollo that was tasked with making sure we 'could and should' hire Pelini and the jury is still out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version