YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Darien Townsend leaving the program

<< < (2/3) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on May 01, 2017, 08:31:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on April 30, 2017, 07:36:00 PM ---You believe he is leaving due to suspension?

--- End quote ---

Well I read in the NCAA guide that weed is 6-months, but not much in the way of details. Right now, they are under suspension and it should just be coming to an end if it is a straight 6-month calendar suspension. Then they have to be tested internally and randomly before they can be reinstated. Do you think he failed the second test?

--- End quote ---
Based on the YSU history of public reporting of drug tests, I doubt VERY MUCH if anybody on the blog has anything more than a guess, and I'd suggest even public questioning of a potential failed second drug test is unfair to the young man in question.  We, and everybody else we can think of, loose 10-15 players every year.  This might be as simple as somebody else offering him more snaps at WR, or grades on just tired of university life.  We may never know.

1AA, you are very right with the vagueness of NCAA drug testing policy.  We the fans, and the kids involved, and the universities deserve far better from the arrogant egomaniacs at the NCAA.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on April 30, 2017, 07:36:00 PM ---You believe he is leaving due to suspension?

--- End quote ---

Well I read in the NCAA guide that weed is 6-months, but not much in the way of details. Right now, they are under suspension and it should just be coming to an end if it is a straight 6-month calendar suspension. Then they have to be tested internally and randomly before they can be reinstated. Do you think he failed the second test?

--- End quote ---

i did not do any research on NCAA rules. I seems to recall somebody on this blog suggested (at the time of their suspension) that players would be suspended for half the games for the 2017 football season.

Anybody recalls reading that?

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on May 01, 2017, 11:28:35 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

i did not do any research on NCAA rules. I seems to recall somebody on this blog suggested (at the time of their suspension) that players would be suspended for half the games for the 2017 football season.

Anybody recalls reading that?

--- End quote ---
I recall somebody saying something like "1/2 season" vs. 6 months, but I don't recall who and like most blogs you can have -0- faith in the factual reporting of bloggers, so I would say the question is "open".

Double ET:
I wonder if he transferred to lower divisions, would the suspension still be applicable? There is still an NAIA route, assuming they do not honor NCAA suspensions.

penguinpower:
I don't think that his suspension was for weed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version