YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (18/29) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
I also thought Rahim would excel in this style.   He's going to be a senior so we only had him for this up coming season.   He's a great weak side shot blocker.   We need another big.  Not sure this late in the game there are any bigs out there but Calhoun has showed that he can find players.

jbags:
Rosie transferri g out too...no doubt in my mind now that Calhoun painted a picture that did not include them...thought they were questionable D1 talents at best...Calhoun and staff know exactly what they are doing...i believe 2 jucos are on their way...this staff has too many contacts to not bring in better talent than the 3 that are leaving

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: jbags on May 08, 2017, 05:41:36 PM ---Rosie transferri g out too...no doubt in my mind now that Calhoun painted a picture that did not include them...thought they were questionable D1 talents at best...Calhoun and staff know exactly what they are doing...i believe 2 jucos are on their way...this staff has too many contacts to not bring in better talent than the 3 that are leaving

--- End quote ---

Wow Rosic is gone too.   He was our back up big who was more suited to play on the wing based on his size and euro style of play.   Rosic & Williams both only had one year left so maybe this was mutual ?   Coaching staff has to have a game plan.  If no juco then the frosh will be playing some serious minutes.

ucfpengbuck:
Anyone think coach Calhoun should go after Tony Farmer 6-7 235 Garfield hts Lee college jc TX ?

I know in 2012 he went to jail on some serious charges but the kid paid his debt and did 2 yrs of juco ball.  Coach has the Cleveland connection but would there be some blow back from the community ?   I know Tressel had a history of some high risk athletes.

jbags:
I emailed Coach Calhoun about him just after he took the job but didn't hear back..that kid is a stud..Big10 talent...id be all over him

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version