YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Basketball Commits

<< < (16/29) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 04, 2017, 09:23:58 PM ---Deaundra Murphy, a 6-4 guard from St. Joseph's in WV has committed. Led the entire state in scoring at 28 ppg. Love this class!

--- End quote ---
Love this COACH!

ucfpengbuck:
It says he's a walk on .   Looks like he has a nice stroke.

ytownchief22:
I don't think he's a walk-on is he ? Latin Davis leaving freed up another scholly.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on May 05, 2017, 05:36:34 PM ---I don't think he's a walk-on is he ? Latin Davis leaving freed up another scholly.

--- End quote ---

Verbalcommits.com lists his status as walk on.    I read on one site that he was ranked the #4 player in the state and on another had him ranked 8th.   anyhow,how often do we talk YSU basketball in May ?

Commissioner:
As a big basketball fan of a different Horizon school, it's just nice to see some enthusiasm for basketball at YSU. It's good for everyone in the league if YSU finally gets competitive. Calhoun was a great hire, and a perfect fit for the Mahoning Valley. And if some of the guys he's bringing in look--at least on paper--a bit marginal as D-I players, that's OK. He's working on a short recruiting season and he's obviously going to guys he likes and with whom he's built a relationship while recruiting them for Fairmont. It's still the best YSU recruiting class in a while, and it will get better in future years.

If anyone is interested, I've got a little summary of HL recruiting classes at http://udtitanbasketball.freeforums.net/thread/627/horizon-league-recruit-transfer-commitments

Go 'Guins!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version